This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari 5.1 feedback

catservants
catservants Junior Member
I'm having the same problem. I log in to Website A. 1Password asks, "Do you want to remember this password?" I clicked yes, thinking it just needed to ask me because of the new version for some reason. But EVERY TIME I LOG IN it asks again, and I noticed that now there are duplicate entries in the 1Password application login list for each time. Why does it keep asking for the same ones over and over, and then duplicating them?

As to the question I've seen Agile asking about this--> I do have Safari auto-fill on, and I prefer to keep it on because then I don't have to go through that extra rigmarole to use 1Password. It worked fine with 1Password before; why doesn't it work now?

Also, when 1Password now asks if I want to save the login information, I have no way of choosing which folder to put it in. This is one way the new version requires extra steps, because then it means I have to go into the program to organize it into folders, rather than putting it in the proper folder from the beginning.

And finally, another way 1Password now requires too many extra steps to use. It used to be if for some reason Safari's auto-fill didn't work, all I'd have to do is go to the 1P button in my browser and choose "Fill Login," but now the 1P button opens a whole dialog box that I have to go through. It makes 1Password much less convenient and less desirable.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote]As to the question I've seen Agile asking about this--> I do have Safari auto-fill on, and I prefer to keep it on because then I don't have to go through that extra rigmarole to use 1Password. It worked fine with 1Password before; why doesn't it work now?

[/quote]

If you are using the new Safari 5.1 extension that is why it doesn't work now. Both Safari 5.1 and the 1Password extension are completely different code than any previous versions. [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_autofill.html"]From our User Guide[/url]:

[indent]Some users find that 1Password occasionally offers to save a Login for a site even if they have already created one. Most often, this is a result of Safari’s AutoFill feature being enabled.

We have always recommended disabling Safari’s AutoFill feature for user names and passwords — though you can still keep it enabled for your Address Book card and other forms — because it makes things both less confusing (“I thought I already saved that!”) and more secure (Google “browser password manager security”).

That said, we are still working to see if the two can coexist more peacefully in Safari 5.1. Presently, if Safari’s AutoFill for “User names and passwords” is enabled and fills a login before 1Password, you’ll be prompted to save the Login in 1Password even if you have already done so.

In the meantime, disabling Safari’s password management should resolve the issue, keep you safer, and make your life simpler (Safari > Preferences > AutoFill > UNCHECK User names and passwords).[/indent]

[quote]Also, when 1Password now asks if I want to save the login information, I have no way of choosing which folder to put it in. This is one way the new version requires extra steps, because then it means I have to go into the program to organize it into folders, rather than putting it in the proper folder from the beginning.[/quote]

We are working on this. Thanks for the feedback!

[quote]And finally, another way 1Password now requires too many extra steps to use. It used to be if for some reason Safari's auto-fill didn't work, all I'd have to do is go to the 1P button in my browser and choose "Fill Login," but now the 1P button opens a whole dialog box that I have to go through. It makes 1Password much less convenient and less desirable.[/quote]

The number of mouse clicks are the same, and the keyboard shortcuts also remain the same. I'm not sure how it it any worse than before in this regard. That said, [url="http://blog.agilebits.com/2011/07/big-safari-extension-updates-and-a-sneak-peek/"]we are making some big improvements still.[/url]

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!