This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Console Message with 3.6.5

chabig
chabig Junior Member
I'm running 1Password version 3.6.5 (build 31075) and my console log is filled with the following messages, occurring every 20 seconds:

Failed to execute the script: {

NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Safari;

NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Can\U2019t get document 1.";

NSAppleScriptErrorMessage = "Safari got an error: Can\U2019t get document 1.";

NSAppleScriptErrorNumber = "-1728";

NSAppleScriptErrorRange = "NSRange: {29, 95}";

}

Comments

• theory14
    theory14 Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    I've been getting the same error. It seems to occur under the following conditions, but I've not 100% narrowed this scenario down.

- Use machine, leave Safari running

- Lock screen and machine soon goes to sleep (normal, this is how I have things setup)

- Machine wakes roughly every 2 hours on its own (oS X normal behavior).

- After the first auto wake, time machine runs automatically and completes successfully

- After the Time Machine run, the above errors start appearing and the machine never goes back to sleep

I just updated to the newest beta (build 31079) hoping to see a fix. If there is any other data I can provide to help solve the problem, let me know.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    Hello chabig and theory14! Welcome to the Forums!

The Console messages indicate that there may be a mismatch between your 1Password application version and your Safari extension version.

After downloading the most recent version of 1Password, please quit Safari with the following keystrokes: Cmd-Opt-Q.

This prevents Safari from launching previous windows/tabs, and it should ensure that the current extension is fully loaded.

Please try this resolution and reply back with your results.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • theory14
    theory14 Junior Member
    Looks like things are fixed now. After installing Beta-2 (build 31079) the errors and lack of sleep have gone away. I'm guessing that during the install process the right version of the extension finally got loaded.

Previous to posting my original, I had (or at least thought I had) uninstalled the extension in Safari, quit Safari and reinstalled the extension via 1Password preferences and was still getting the error. Regardless things seem good now.

Time to install Beta-3 (build 31081) and see if I find anything else to report!

Thanks for the help and thanks for the great application!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2011
    Hey theory14,

Thanks for your update!

Please do let us know if you experience any further problems.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • chabig
    chabig Junior Member
    I've updated my Safari extension and I no longer have the console message. Thanks for explaining the situation.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    On behalf of Brandt, you are quite welcome!

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!