This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How can I sync the MasterPassword on 1Password on iPad with 1Password on Mac

OzzieOne
OzzieOne Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hello there,

Today I installed 1Password on my new iPad. The initial sync, and a test subsequent sync, worked just fine. However I decided to change my MasterPassword on the iPad to make it easier to remember. Thus far it does not seem to Sync with the MasterPassword on my Mac. So the state I have in sequence is such:

1) Initial sync: MasterPassword is the same on both devices

2) Change MasterPassword on iPad

3) MasterPassword is different on both devices

4) Sync several times

5) Create a test record on iPad

6) Sync again

7) Test record syncs

8) MasterPAssword is still different.

Any ideas?

Regards,

OzzieOne

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited June 2010
    It's supposed to do that, it won't sync the master password for the iPad with the client for the Mac (unless you initially pick the option on the iPad to sync an existing Mac DB, of which it'll pick up the master password from there). It's a much better security this way as once person knowing the password on the iPad won't be able to gain access on the Mac client just in case.

The only thing in common between both clients beside the password database is the sync authorization code you used when setting up both client, other than that, there's nothing else.
  • Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='OzzieOne']Today I installed 1Password on my new iPad. The initial sync, and a test subsequent sync, worked just fine. However I decided to change my MasterPassword on the iPad to make it easier to remember. Thus far it does not seem to Sync with the MasterPassword on my Mac[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums, OzzieOne. I'm sorry for the confusion. That's exactly right. If you use the "Sync Existing" option to sync for the first time, the master password is sync'ed also. However, the two passwords are separate. They can be the same if you'd like, but they don't have to be, and changing one does not change the other. You will need to change the master password on your Mac separately.
  • OzzieOne
    OzzieOne Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the clarification.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    No problem at all OzzieOne, glad we could clear things up for you.