This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: Per-item "Always prompt for master password" setting

It'd be really nice if we could choose certain login/password items to always require a master password. For example - whenever I wanted 1Password to fill in my username/password for my bank, I should type in my 1P master password.

Comments

• Examinus
    Examinus Junior Member
    edited July 2011
    This was something I requested ages ago when I first got 1Password.

Somebody did reply saying they were looking into a concept of different tiered security, but nothing seemed to develop from it. It's something I would certainly like; I don't like the idea of having absolutely everything unconditionally unlocked just because I want to log into one website, especially when that includes credit card details. From my point of view all it would take is a checkbox included on each login's details to say "Always require Master Password", but I'm sure there's a lot more to it than that.

I suppose in the meantime the only other option is to make sure you lock 1Password every time you've used it and not rely on the auto lock feature.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    This suggestion has come up from time to time. Thank you for letting us know it would be useful to you as well! We will look into improving this in a future update.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers!