This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Two computers 1 network iPad problem

Carriep
Carriep Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Just got my ipad and bought 1 password. I tried to synch both accounts but it synched with my Dad's computer and not mine! How do I get rid of my Dad's passwords and synch my own? My Dad's computer is the senior computer on the network. Maybe a feature where it asks which computer to synch with should be added.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums! Sorry for the trouble. A device needs to be authorised before 1Password for Mac will sync with it. You can delete it from your father's 1Password sidebar and authorise it in yours to sync. To replace the data, select the "Replace information on this iPhone" option in the sync window. (Yes, we know it says iPhone instead of iPad, we need to fix that.)

(I am deleting the other message you posted since it is essentially a duplicate of this one.)
  • Carriep
    Carriep Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I posted that one first then found out how to post a new thread, so it's okay.

As far as I know the iPad is not showing up on my dad's computer. It is showing up on my Mac (running OS 10.5), but when I tried to sync, the authorization window popped up on his computer and not mine. I actually thought it wasn't working until my dad came over to me and told me it was asking for authorization. He is running 10.6 but my computer can't, I bought an iPad instead of a new regular computer. How do I authorize the ipad on my computer?
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Your 1Password app on the iPad "announces" to your local network that it's ready to sync and if more than one Mac is running the 1Password application *and* is unlocked then one of them will "win" in terms of contacting the iPad. If the "winner" isn't currently authorized then it will prompt for the sync authorization secrets. The same is generally true for sync: if your Dad's Mac gets there first then the sync will occur with his Mac and not yours.

The only suggestion I have for you is to either have your Dad's 1Password not prompt for sync authorization (this setting is shown on the screen that appears) so that you can sync your Mac with your iPad, or to have your Dad lock his copy of the 1Password application while you sync. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.