This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Also won't insert username and password anymore

I am also experiencing the problem of 1P no longer filling in the username and password when I choose a Login site from my Logins list. Especially frustrating with my bank! Used to work just fine, but now doesn't. (https://www.efirstbank.com/)I am running 1P 3.6.5. Also, I just checked and autofill is disabled in Safari. I can get 1P to fill in the username and password only by selecting my bank, for instance, in the login list, waiting for it to load, going to the 1P button on Safari, choosing the arrow next to my bank. Then it fills it in. Way too many steps in that. What happened to just clicking in the login list. Nothing in the list works anymore.

Comments

• Same thing with me. Not happy about this betaware we have been forced to use. I've resorted to hand logging in on most sites.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi guys,

Are we talking about the ability to click on the url in the main 1Password app and then it takes you to Safari to fill in your details? If so, that should have already been fixed and we have improved a bit it in our next update to 1Password, 3.7.0.

Can you open Safari, go to its Preferences > Extensions and tell me which version you’re seeing for the 1Password extension? It should be at 1Password (beta) 3.7b2. If it is older than that, please follow [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html#how_to_update_the_new_safari_51_extension"]the instruction here to update the extension[/url].

I hope that helps, please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks,
  • mickeyz
    edited August 2011
    No, it does not work. Safari v5.1 and 1Password v 3.7.0 beta-3. It still presents a 1-password window from which you have to click the arrow to the right of the name of the web form you are trying to auto-fill.
  • Jody
    edited August 2011
    I'd like to chime in here that this is the problem I am experiencing. Safari 5.1, 1 Password 3.7.0 and Safari Extension 3.7b4. In the 1Password app, clicking on any of my logins fails to get an id or password filled in on the page. The page opens, but no automatic login.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Right now, [b]external Go & Fill (e.g. double-clicking an item in the main 1Password application) is not yet supported in Safari 5.1 on Snow Leopard[/b]. It works properly in Lion, but in Snow Leopard the site will only open. Your username and password will not be filled in.

We are working to resolve this.

In the meantime, please consider that you can use 1Password entirely from within the browser to fill Logins. Simply visit the Login page for the site whee you wish to log in and then press Command-\ on your keyboard or select the Login from the 1P toolbar button in Safari.

You can also Go & Fill a site from within the browser. Simply press Option-Command-\ and then select the site from the list or click the 1P toolbar button and then the "All Logins" tab.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers,
  • Thanks Khad, I hope you guys get this working soon. I'm delaying upgrading to Lion for a good 4 months until all the kinks get worked out. I've never used the login from the toolbar icon before, but that seems to work OK. It'll serve until the main issue gets fixed.
  • JNDG
    edited August 2011
    Same as most of the others in this thread. Running the latest 1PW ext., application and Safari (restarted) and still no action from my toolbar icon or the browser open from the 1PW application.

At least my toolbar option worked last night before I "upgraded" again. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

From now on if the improved update says Beta, I'm ignoring it. I was a customer, now I feel like a guinea pig.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hi JNDG,

We certainly don't want our users to feel like guinea pigs, but at the same time we didn't want to leave you with no support for Safari 5.1 at all.

Can you tell me if you're using Lion or Snow Leopard and also which version of 1Password you have installed (1Password > About 1Password) and the version of the extension (Safari > Preferences > Extensions) you're using?

Please let me know,