This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Lost ctl-click to enter 1password info

The feature I miss most is the ability to right-click to get access to my keychain. Is that really a Safari extension issue? Can it be fixed.

You guys have my sympathy. Apple changed the rules of the game on you, and it seems that the pre-release development kit wasn't enough to prepare for the change. 1Password has become indispensable for me, but now it is almost not useful. That's quite a shock to my workflows. Best wishes, and I hope you can get 1P back up to snuff soon.

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg Agile Customer Care
    Hi James. Welcome to the forums!

[quote name='james a foster' timestamp='1311970528' post='34976']

The feature I miss most is the ability to right-click to get access to my keychain. Is that really a Safari extension issue? Can it be fixed.[/quote]

That is a really cool feature. My gut feeling is that this is something we can restore to the new extension, but we won't know for certain until we get a chance to really work on it. I can't make any promises about when that will be. We've been making really great progress since Lion was released, but there are lots of issues we still need to sort out.

[quote]

You guys have my sympathy. Apple changed the rules of the game on you, and it seems that the pre-release development kit wasn't enough to prepare for the change. 1Password has become indispensable for me, but now it is almost not useful. That's quite a shock to my workflows. Best wishes, and I hope you can get 1P back up to snuff soon.

[/quote]

Thank you so much. On the one hand, the writing has been on the wall about how integration with Safari would have to change since summer 2010, and we stepped up our development for Chrome along those lines as practice as well as for providing nice support for Chrome users. We, of course, have been testing on Lion since previews were released to developers, and it's been an intensive six months. But even with all of that preparation, the release of Lion has brought to light a lot of issues that we couldn't have seen until more people started using it. If the last six months have involved intensive coding, the last two weeks have been amazing.

Cheers,

-j