This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Please let Safari autofill and 1password coexist

Toshi
edited July 2011 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">Safari 5.1, Snow Leopard</div>Since I consider my Mac to be in a reasonably safe environment, I find the autofill function of Safari (5.1) a very convenient feature that can effectively supplement 1password.

It is sad to learn that 1password is not designed to coexist with Safari autofill as it did, I believe, in the older versions, forcing me to bear with the annoying prompts to save Logins of sites that have already been registered by 1password.

Please let Safari autofill and 1password coexist!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Toshi! Apologies for the late reply. Lion has kept us much busier than usual, and we have been a bit behind. We normally reply within 24 hours (and often within 12).

Thanks for asking about this.

We are working on a solution to this, but it will take some time.

If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you would like to enable Safari's own AutoFill? I have never used this myself since I started using 1Password. (I find it creates confusion and has the potential to be less secure.) I am curious what the use case is for having both Safari's AutoFill and 1Password active on the same machine. I would love to know.

Thanks!
  • khad, many thanks for your response.

Provided a site's login data does not require nervous security protection, I find the autofill function a very convenient way to get around any, if not all, mouse clicking or keyboard typing required for login. Although 1P does help you enter sites more quickly than without it, nothing seems to be quicker than the autofill.

For the avoidance of doubt, I highly value 1P protection for most of the sites I visit for obvious security reasons.

Toshi
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for letting me know, Toshi! I appreciate you talking the time to follow up on this.

We are working hard on getting 1Password and Safari's own AutoFill to play nicely, but I don't have a time frame at the moment.