This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Please return 1P Safari Ext. Button dropdown capability!

Macgregor
edited July 2011 in Mac
I assume - I hope - each change has been for security reasons, but the 1P extension in Safari has been getting less useful with each iteration!!! At least in the last one, the button allowed for a drop down menu through which i could choose ANY functionality that I wanted. Even when 1Password seemed unsure, it gave my "other Logins" with which I could choose the correct one ON MY OWN. Now the menu is either the few that 1Password thinks are correct - or "All Logins" which forces me to type in a search box and then hope I select correctly.

Why change the convenient drop down menu?!?!? Please tell me how to go back to the last version or figure out a preference choice for it!!

I work for a university whose IT dept. has liked what they used to see and now I can't recommend you.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, Macgregor. I'm sorry I couldn't reply sooner, but we have been a bit busier lately since Lion was released. We usually reply within 24 hours (and often within 12).

Apple made some changes late in development for Safari 5.1 and Lion which required us to scrap 5 years of code and begin from scratch. It wasn't necessarily ideal, but is has given us a chance to make the extension even better than it was before. We appreciate your feedback here.

The domain matching has changed slightly, but you should be able to accomplish what you are trying to do by setting the URL for the Login to the domain name rather than the fully qualified domain. That is, Logins for foo.example.com will not show up for bar.example.com, but if you set both to just example.com, you should be able to use either one at either Login page.

Could you please try the new Beta release (3.7.1.BETA-2) and see if that helps? You can do this by going to the 1Password > Preferences window, selecting the Update panel, enable the "Include Beta versions" checkbox, and then click Check Now. Once the update is installed, and the URLs for your Logins have been edited, please let me know how it goes.

Thanks!