This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cannot fully disable "Automatically download icons and previews for new logins"

<div class="IPBDescription">some custom icons get overridden</div>I'm using 3.7 on Snow Leopard 10.6.8, with Dropbox between home and work, and my custom preview icons, some of them keep disappearing. Aargh!

I have kept UNchecked "Automatically download icons and previews...", and even if I did, these overridden icons are not for new logins.

Seems it wants to replace my custom icons. I don't know when or why it does that, but it is irritating, because I spend a lot of time populating the long list with custom preview icons, and then some of them disappear! They are replaced with either the blue globe icon or a screen-shot of the login page.

I have never ever pressed either "Download missing previews" or "Remove all" buttons.

For an example, my Yahoo mail login page, I replaced the icon with a Yahoo! logo image, and a few days later I saw it had become a blue globe with the Y! down in the lower right hand corner. About 1/4 of my Logins had reverted, while I wasn't really paying attention.

Any ideas? I have searched forum for various keywords already by the way.

Thanks!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Hm. That certainly does not seem right. I have not seen this myself (or heard of it before), but I wonder if you have discovered a bug in 1Password. Let's try to narrow it down if we can.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you set a custom image for an item it will overwrite for both the thumbnail preview and the icon. I'm sure you already know this from previous usage, but I just wanted to mention it for others who may come across this thread.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

[color="#FF0000"]Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.[/color]

If you notice that a change has just occurred, that is the ideal time to generate the report, but any other time could also provide some useful information.

Thanks for your help with this!