This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Adding fields to software license template?

LtkernelPanic
LtkernelPanic Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I apologize if this has been asked before but I didn't see it in the 15 or so pages I looked back though. I was starting to enter my software licenses into 1PW3 and ran into an issue. A couple pieces of software I use not only have a license key but also a product key. I didn't see a way to add another field for any additional pieces of registration info. I could enter them into the notes section but would rather keep it all together. I didn't know if I was missing the option to add additional fields or if that wasn't possible right now. If not I hope it gets added in a future release.

Thanks for the great product! (and for sponsoring Your Mac Life too!)

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi LtkernelPanic,

First of all welcome to the forums! At the moment it's not possible to edit the template for any items apart from logins within 1Password. This is something I know a lot of users want to see and we're currently looking into our options for this for a future update, but we don't have a firm timeframe for if and when this will be available. We did play around with this in the early Betas of 1Password 3, but we faced a number of issues, especially when syncing data to our 1Password touch applications.

Make sure you keep an eye on the blog over at [url]http://blog.agile.ws[/url] as we tend to give some sneak peaks at new features there first.

Thanks again for the feedback, we really appreciate hearing from our users on how we can improve 1Password
  • LtkernelPanic
    LtkernelPanic Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the fast response. I'll add the extra info to the notes field for now and keep an eye on the blog for updates.

-David
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    You can add your software product licenses by adding them in the attachment field. To do this, run 1Password then select > edit > drag your file, email, document, etc. to the "attachment" area (the word "attachment" surrounded by dotted lines). You'll see a green (+) sign when you can drop the page onto the field. Once you do that, the document will be attached with that login item. The only thing is that the attachments will not be synced over to the "iDevices", as they can not support attachments at the present time.