This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Still a problem with Charles Schwab website

I am still experiencing a login issue with Charles Schwab's website. I cannot disable auto submit by editing either of my two schwab logins and (set to never) . I must still disable submit login globally from the main preferences.

If auto submit is enabled globally the login is not accepted pure and simple. I am using the latest version of 1password (3.7) and the plugins that it installs in Safari and Chrome. I am still using Snow Leopard.

I would love to have the autosubmit feature working as it was previously. That is really my only request...

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    edited August 2011
    Do you have "System Preferences > Universal Access > Enable access for assistive devices" enabled?

[b][i]Edit by admin: this is no longer required in the latest release:[/i][/b]

[s]If not, please try to turn it on and see if that helps with Autosubmit:[/s]
  • kaitechkan
    edited August 2011
    I was completely unaware of this obscure setting buried pretty deep in system prefs. I dood it as Red Skelton would have said...will get back to you on success or not later...
  • [quote name='kaitechkan' timestamp='1312088650' post='35344']

I was completely unaware of this obscure setting buried pretty deep in system prefs. I dood it as Red Skelton would have said...will get back to you on success or not later...

[/quote]

OK, turning off autosubmit in my Schwab login does work properly now with autosubmit in global preferences turned on. One anomaly however. Logging into my bank used to work fine with autosubmit on but now it does not. So far all the other websites I checked do autosubmit fine.

My bank name is American Savings Bank in case you want to check it out. 1 password fills in the login and password but then I have to manually push the login button with the current version of 1password and its extension.
  • Uh oh... I still have Schwab issues, at least with Safari...

When I attempt to login, only get 1 of my two schwab entries showing. If I select "show all logins" I can see the other one but then it doesn't work properly and I am sent to another login page with the user name and password on top of one another. There 1password fails altogether because apparently it is still sending autosubmit even though that is suppressed in both login accounts.

Chrome however seems to work correctly under all conditions and even autosubmits my bank login discussed earlier. Chrome works properly with both Schwab login pages...user name and password side by side (and it shows both login accounts) as well as the bigger login page with name and password top and bottom...

SO...final analysis...Chrome OK, Safari NOT OK... Guess I will just use Chrome for my bank and Schwab until the Safari issue is resolved.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Could you please provide the URLs which are saved in your different Schwab Login items? I would love to make sure we are working on the right issue.

Thanks for your help here!

Also, the latest beta version should not require the assistive devices support to be enabled and autosubmit should be working now.

You can install the latest beta by going to the 1Password > Preferences window, selecting the Update panel, enable the "Include Beta versions" checkbox, and then click Check Now. Once the update is installed, please try again and see if it helps.
  • Hi - I work for Charles Schwab and would love to help. Please give us a call at 800-433-9196 so we can try to provide some tech support.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    [quote name='Sarah Bulgatz' timestamp='1312292902' post='35983']

Hi - I work for Charles Schwab and would love to help. Please give us a call at 800-433-9196 so we can try to provide some tech support.

[/quote]

Thank you, Sarah! I think we have everything we need already but if we hit a snag we'll be sure to call.

Thanks again!
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Hi Sarah, and welcome to the forums!

We'd love to hear back if there are 1Password issues that remain with the various Schwab portals using our latest Safari extension. Lots of our customers use your site(s), so the better they and 1Password work together, the happier our customers will be! If you find that you or someone in your web site development team needs to work through some issues with us directly, please feel free to contact us at support@agilebits.com and just include a link to this thread.

Thanks!
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    [quote name='kaitechkan' timestamp='1312139503' post='35409']

When I attempt to login, only get 1 of my two schwab entries showing [snip] There 1password fails altogether because apparently it is still sending autosubmit even though that is suppressed in both login accounts.[/quote]

Both of these problems should be fixed in the latest release. Please update both the Safari extension and the main 1Password application as [url=http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_install_update.html]described in detail here[/url].

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it turns out.