This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P broken in Safari 5.0.5

alanackerman
alanackerman Junior Member
I downloaded and installed iPassword 3.7.0. Now the 1P button appears in Safari 5.0.5 and highlights when I click it, but nothing else happens.

The update said to go into Safari Preferences -> Extensions -> Updates, but nothing happens when I click on that. It shows:

Extensions Updates

[v] Install Updates Automatically

If I click on 1Password (beta) it shows:

1Password (beta) 3.7.b5

I tried restarting Safari, logging on and off, and rebooting, but none of that helped.

I tried 1Password Preferences -> Remove All Extension then Install All Extensions, but that did not help.

How do I back off to the previous 1Password extension?

Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)

Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with the 10.6.8 supplemental update.

1Password 3.7.0 (build 31083)

Comments

• alanackerman
    I figured out how to back off. I found I still had 1Password-3.6.5.zip on my hard drive, so I unzipped it, and replaced 1Password 3.7.0 in Applications with 1Password 3.6.5. I opened 1Password 3.6.5 Preferences -> Remove All Extensions then Install All Extensions, and now when I click on 1P in Safari I get a popup menu, as before.

I guess I had better stop updating 1Password until you fix it to work again with Safari 5.0.5. Please let me know here when this is fixed!

Thank you!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Sorry for the confusion, Alan. Safari 5.0 does not use a native Safari extension so 1Password [b]should not[/b] be listed on Safari's Extensions preference pane in Safari 5.0.

I'm glad things are working well now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
  • alanackerman
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1312189747' post='35551']

Sorry for the confusion, Alan. Safari 5.0 does not use a native Safari extension so 1Password [b]should not[/b] be listed on Safari's Extensions preference pane in Safari 5.0.

I'm glad things are working well now. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

[/quote]

So I went into Safari Preferences -> Extensions and deleted 1Password (beta) 3.7.b5. After that it allowed me to install the latest 1Password 3.7.1 and the 1P button is working ok. Thanks!
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    [quote name='alanackerman' timestamp='1312350565' post='36256']

So I went into Safari Preferences -> Extensions and deleted 1Password (beta) 3.7.b5. After that it allowed me to install the latest 1Password 3.7.1 and the 1P button is working ok. Thanks!

[/quote]

Great! Thank you for the update!