This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.7 won't work on Schwab Website

abavetta
edited August 2011 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">Kicks you to new account registration page</div>Using 1Password to sign in to Charles Schwab Act I first get an account verification page. After filling in that info I get kicked to a page which says I already have an account under that user name.

"Our records indicate that you already have a Login ID. Please enter your Login ID and password to login. If you have forgotten your user ID call 800-435-4000 for assistance."

So back to square 1. Frustrating!

Andy

PS: I'm using 1Password 3.7 on an iMac running OS 10.7 with Safari 5.1

Comments

• Hi abavetta,

I'm sorry for the trouble here, we've been working hard to resolve issues with sites like Schwab that are doing things differently for their login forms.

I don't have a Schwab account to properly test with but using some fake details with our latest 3.7.1.Beta-2 version of 1Password and 3.7.b7 extension seems to fill the details correctly and submit the form as if I'm logging in, I'm not being directed to a registration page.

To get the latest Beta of 1Password itself, please go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates and check 'Include Beta Versions' and then click 'Check Now' to get our latest update. Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to the latest version by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart safari with Command-Option-Q to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

This should get the Schwab login working without any issues, but please do let me know how it turns out with actual account data as we could be missing something because we're using fake details.

[quote name='abavetta' timestamp='1312211323' post='35657']

Using 1Password to sign in to Charles Schwab Act I first get an account verification page. After filling in that info I get kicked to a page which says I already have an account under that user name.

"Our records indicate that you already have a Login ID. Please enter your Login ID and password to login. If you have forgotten your user ID call 800-435-4000 for assistance."

So back to square 1. Frustrating!

Andy

PS: I'm using 1Password 3.7 on an iMac running OS 10.7 with Safari 5.1

[/quote]
  • wfarb
    wfarb Junior Member
    Thanks! That seems to have fixed the Schwab problem. By the way, I also had to request a new password for the Agile forum.

[quote name='stu' timestamp='1312229281' post='35727']

Hi abavetta,

I'm sorry for the trouble here, we've been working hard to resolve issues with sites like Schwab that are doing things differently for their login forms.

I don't have a Schwab account to properly test with but using some fake details with our latest 3.7.1.Beta-2 version of 1Password and 3.7.b7 extension seems to fill the details correctly and submit the form as if I'm logging in, I'm not being directed to a registration page.

To get the latest Beta of 1Password itself, please go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates and check 'Include Beta Versions' and then click 'Check Now' to get our latest update. Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to the latest version by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart safari with Command-Option-Q to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

This should get the Schwab login working without any issues, but please do let me know how it turns out with actual account data as we could be missing something because we're using fake details.

[/quote]
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='wfarb' timestamp='1312317616' post='36156']

Thanks! That seems to have fixed the Schwab problem.

[/quote]

That's awesome news, and just what we like to hear about. Thank you for keeping us aware of your success!