This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Request: 3-D Secure Password Field

andreionut
andreionut Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode, etc.</div>Can you please add a 3D Secure Password field for Credit Cards?

Also can you make it so it autofills like the other details?

Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='andreionut' timestamp='1312223732' post='35688']

Can you please add a 3D Secure Password field for Credit Cards?

Also can you make it so it autofills like the other details?

Thanks

[/quote]Hi Andreionut,

Can you tell us what you mean by ‘3d’ secure password field for credit cards? Do you mean the 3-digit security code? We do support that already, it is known as the “verification number” in 1Password for the credit card template. Try editing the credit card item, enter your security code into the “verification number”, save it and then it’ll fill that in for any 3-digit fields.

As for the auto-fill request, 1Password does let you fill it in like other details. If you open the extension, switch to credit cards and then select the card you want, 1Password should then fill in. Is it not working for you?

I hope this helps, please let me know.
  • I think what andreionut is looking for 1Password to support is what's more commonly known as 'Verified by Visa' or 'MasterCard SecureCode', these are passwords, or codes, that are used when shopping online with certain cards and providers that support it.

The problem is that most of these use the 'enter x, y and z digit' method and because there's no common standard for how this is deployed on sites, there's just no way for 1Password to autofill this, though it would be stored as a Login item, it's separate from the actual card details.

That said, if the password prompt is for the whole password, 1Password should be able to save this without issues and restore it by creating a Login item for the password.

Hope that helps clear things up,