This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Prompts to save Logins that have already been saved

Since updating 1Password to the current 3.6.5 it is annoyingly prompting me to re-enter password information for websites / logins that already exist in my 1PW vault when I visit those sites. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks, PM

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you for joining the forum, PMF!

Please to update Safari extension using Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates.

I changed the matching algorithm today and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Let me know how it turns out for you.
  • PMF
    PMF
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='roustem' timestamp='1312254018' post='35857']

Thank you for joining the forum, PMF!

Please to update Safari extension using Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates.

I changed the matching algorithm today and hopefully that will fix the problem.

Let me know how it turns out for you.

[/quote]

Hi, thanks for making the changes.....BUT the annoying problem is still there. The annoying prompt to log-in or save a log-in still appears every time I go to a site that is already registered with 1Password. Why can it not be as it was before you did the recent upgrade? There was nothing wrong with the way that worked. To have this prompt continuously popping up is ridiculous, and the bar is UGLY too!. Please fix it, if a log-in or webpage is already in my 1Password I do not need a reminder / invite to register once again.

PM
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hi PM,

I know our fantastic designer, Dan, is working hard to make the auto-save bar much more attractive, we just needed to have something in place to support Safari 5.1 from day one.

It sounds like there's something not quite right here, since we're not seeing the repeat prompts to save existing logins ourselves. Could you open and unlock 1Password and go to 1Password > Check for Updates to make sure you have the latest 3.7.2 update and then once 1Password has restarted please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent which should make sure all is well again.

Please let me know how that goes,
  • Thanks, that will be great if and when a solution is found.......It's still happening by the way even with the 3.7.2 update. For example every time I go to log in to my much used Amazon account, up comes the 1Password header asking me if I want to save this login when obviously it's been saved already, same with Ebay and all other regularly used sites that require login. Regards and good luck with sorting this, PM
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    There is [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_autofill.html"]a known issue with Safari's AutoFill[/url]. Is Safari filling in the information automatically or are you using 1Password to fill the Logins?

Try disabling Safari's AutoFill as described in the aforelinked help document and let me know if that helps.

Also, try unlocking the 1Password extension and see if that makes a difference.