This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Frustrations with Logging in to the Application — 1Password keeps locking itself

Greetings,

You've got a great application, but I'm having a problem that is driving me nuts and I couldn't find any specific references to it. Unlike many of you I principally use the 1Password application to manage passwords. Since updating to Lion (and updating 1Password and the Safari extension) I can't get the application open long enough to work on my passwords. Once I enter my master password I'm lucky to get 20 seconds before it closes its door and demands me to re-enter it. Basically, I don't have time to copy or create any information.

Please, I hope there is a solution. I love your software, but this is driving me crazy. i know it's more Lion, but I really want to continue using it.

Thanks.

-J

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Thank you very much for the kind words!

Please try to select 1Password > Preferences > Security and then turn off "Lock when screensaver is activated".

I've seen a few reports where Lion randomly starts the screensaver and perhaps this is what's causing the problem.

Please let me know if that helps.
  • bigreddog
    bigreddog Junior Member
    Same thing happening here. Since current update this morning, v3.8.1 build 31115. Was working fine. Upgraded, now having several problems:

(1) When the application is closed and I open it, the application opens (via launcher), the list populates with my keychain items, but certain fields for each item are not filled. (using dropbox btw). For example, the user id and password field do not show, they show the default "password." Not the actual password. There is also no toolbar that shows.

(2) If I switch focus, the application locks. When I unlock it, the toolbar shows up, and the items populate with the correct values. It remains unlocked for about 10 seconds, then auto locks - no matter what I do.

(3) Can't update preference pane items. For example, in reading the reply (above), I was going to go to the preference pane to change the auto lock settings, but I cannot get to the preferences pane. That is, the second I switch focus to the preference pane, the application locks, and the preference pane items lock. Not all preference pane items lock, but the auto lock items are not editable. So, I can figure out any way to adjust these settings.

Note, before I upgrade this AM, everything was working fine.

Additionally, just as a note, the search field in the safari extension does not work for me. If I enter an item for search, it will only search through items that are "already found" for the website I happen to be on. Obviously, if I am attempting to navigate to a specific site and login, I don't want to search only login items from the page I happen to be on. Confusing, if this is what you intend.

Also, I know you are unifying your code base, or functionality - or whatever. But put me in for one vote for the way it used to work. I really liked many of the features that are now gone. Having the context menu give me credit card choices, when I click in a credit card field is WAY BETTER than what it does now... which is frankly no better than copy and paste. Oh, and I hate that I can't go from the main application, open a browser and have the password pre-entered. Why I have to then go to the other extension to get the password in, makes the main app nothing more than a data entry database and site bookmark? Doesn't matter, I guess... all my data is there... so what am I going to do?... anyway, end diatribe.
  • bigreddog
    bigreddog Junior Member
    OK... found the other post on this topic. I have AirDisplay installed. After I uninstalled (using the script), 1Password works fine.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks for the update!