This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password asks to save login every time [Please try 1Password extension 3.7b9]

Why does 1Password ask me to save my credentials EVERY SINGLE TIME now? Any webpage that I log into, wether or not I have the info already saved in 1Password, it will ask me to save it again. This happens on Facebook, netflix, me.com, everywhere. I have even tried letting it save the login thinking maybe it was a new format, yet the next time I log in, there it is asking me if I want to save it again. STOP ASKING ME! I am really hoping this gets fixed in a very soon update. I have safari autofill turned off for usernames and passwords.

Here are my specs:

MacBook Pro Early 2011

Mac OS X Lion 10.7 (11A511)

Safari 5.1 (7534.48.3)

1Password 3.7.1 BETA-2 (build 31087)

1Password Extension 3.7.b5

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    Please try to update 1Password extension using Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Updates, restart Safari and see if that helps.
  • Did that just get released? I swear I checked for an update before I posted. I even have the automatic update thing checked as you suggested. Anyway, now the plugin is at 3.7.b9 and the problem has been slightly remedied. I have discovered that if I unlock the extension and then log in to a website, it works! No prompt for me to save the login!! Yay! However, if I try to login to the website while it is locked, I am prompted again to unlock it to save the login, even though I already have a login saved for that website. So in short, if it's unlocked prior to logging in, it works, but if it's locked prior to logging in, I get prompted every time again.

Thanks for the quick response!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    Hi Lopezzi,

Yes, it was just updated minutes ago. We’re making improvements around the clock and our developers haven’t slept yet since Lion and Safari 5.1 has been released. [img]http://forum.agile.ws/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif[/img] We have them hooked up to Red Bulls and stuff like that.

On behalf of Roustem, you’re welcome.

As for the issue with the unlocked/locked while auto-saving, that’s a known limitation at the moment. It can only be done when the extension is unlocked, we do plan to improve this in the near future but I do not have a specific timeframe. I recommend unlocking 1Password before you visit a web site in the browser.

Please let us know if you need help with anything else. Thanks!