This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Site moderator issues

bobtomay
bobtomay Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Mac
<div class="IPBDescription">wants to save multiple logins</div>I am one of those using 1Password on my Macs, iOS devices and my Windows machines (although I am ready for it to work in my favorite browser - Opera - now that they have extensions in place - but that's for another thread.)

I am a moderator on a couple of forums. The latest extension has become a pitr and I'm ready to go back. It logs into the site fine, but any moderation I need to do that requires a confirmation log in, I typically type in the password since I'm at the keyboard already - 1Password now pops up and wants to save a new log in. This never occurred before the latest update.

So, if I need to ban a spammer, issue any type of infraction, move or merge a thread, etc... 1P is now trying to save another password for every single one of those. At one point I had 6 additional saved passwords for the same site.

And gone is the "Never" option from the pop down in order to train it - maybe we did have that pop down before, but it has been so long ago it was trained not to save a new one I forgot about it???

So, I either must ultimately have 20+ different saved logins in 1P for the same site with the same password, or I'm forced to deal with manually closing that pop down every single time I'm required to verify my log in on the forum.

(Running Lion and Safari 5.1 on a MBP and a MBA.)

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='bobtomay' timestamp='1312278563' post='35935']

I am one of those using 1Password on my Macs, iOS devices and my Windows machines (although I am ready for it to work in my favorite browser - Opera - now that they have extensions in place - but that's for another thread.)

I am a moderator on a couple of forums. The latest extension has become a pitr and I'm ready to go back. It logs into the site fine, but any moderation I need to do that requires a confirmation log in, I typically type in the password since I'm at the keyboard already - 1Password now pops up and wants to save a new log in. This never occurred before the latest update.

So, if I need to ban a spammer, issue any type of infraction, move or merge a thread, etc... 1P is now trying to save another password for every single one of those. At one point I had 6 additional saved passwords for the same site.

And gone is the "Never" option from the pop down in order to train it - maybe we did have that pop down before, but it has been so long ago it was trained not to save a new one I forgot about it???

So, I either must ultimately have 20+ different saved logins in 1P for the same site with the same password, or I'm forced to deal with manually closing that pop down every single time I'm required to verify my log in on the forum.

(Running Lion and Safari 5.1 on a MBP and a MBA.)

[/quote]

Hi bobtomay,

Please check out this post: [url="http://forum.agile.ws/index.php?/topic/5947-avoid-autosave-on-these-domains-now-supported-in-safari-51/page__view__findpost__p__34821"]#6[/url]

We have resolved this issue in the latest update. Please give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Thanks

Ben
  • bobtomay
    bobtomay Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Seems to be better - it'll take some time to fully test out - haven't been many spammers the past few days and I don't get asked to verify the log in that often.

There still does not exist a "never" button on the drop down though.

edit: Just had to verify and it did not pop up wanting to save a new log in. Let 'em know I 'preciate the fix.
  • [quote name='bobtomay' timestamp='1312454888' post='36695']There still does not exist a "never" button on the drop down though.[/quote]

This function has been restored in Safari extension version 3.7b10 (the latest, as of this writing). Enjoy! =)

[quote]edit: Just had to verify and it did not pop up wanting to save a new log in. Let 'em know I 'preciate the fix.[/quote]

Wonderful, thank you for the update!