This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

PIN in addition to Master Password?

In the "update history", there is mention of adding a PIN to the tool. However, I haven't had any luck in finding out whether this is actually possible.

The version I have on the iPhone has the PIN in addition to the master password; I like that I've got essentially 3 levels of security (the iPhone unlock code, the 1Password PIN, and the 1Password Master Password). It would be nice to have yet another "slow the bad guys down" layer on the Android as well.

Comments

• GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    Hello MZ123,

Thank you for your interest in 1Password Reader and welcome to the Forum.

If you want to lock the application with PIN, goto Menu->Settings->Preferences->Application Security and check

"Use PIN number checkbox". You will need to enter a valid 4 digits PIN which will be used for application unlocking.

Please notice that PIN is not used for data encryption/decryption but only for locking of application which has already been

authenticated with your Master Password (for example when application goes into the background and needs to be reactivated).

Therefore, in order to login into 1Password Reader your valid Master Password is always required.

Please let me know if you need more information, I will be glad to assist you further.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer

[quote name='MZ123' timestamp='1312295459' post='35999']

In the "update history", there is mention of adding a PIN to the tool. However, I haven't had any luck in finding out whether this is actually possible.

The version I have on the iPhone has the PIN in addition to the master password; I like that I've got essentially 3 levels of security (the iPhone unlock code, the 1Password PIN, and the 1Password Master Password). It would be nice to have yet another "slow the bad guys down" layer on the Android as well.

[/quote]