This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Password from Mac won't work on iPad 2

<div class="IPBDescription">23 failed attempts at trying to enter password in iPad</div>I have a MacBook Pro with 1Password that works fine. The problem is that the password from the Mac does not work on either my iPhone or iPad apps. I'm unable to access my passwords and secure data when away from my notebook. My 1Password folder is kept in my Dropbox(es). Can anyone clarify what I'm overlooking?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    HI PC2Mac, welcome to the forums!

Can you tell me which password is failing, is it when you’re trying to setup the Dropbox Sync or are you trying to open the 1Password app on the iOS devices?

If you can’t log into 1Password on the iOS devices, the master password does not have to be the same between the Mac and the iOS apps, and because of this, if you change the master password, they are not synced between iOS devices and the computers. Do you remember setting up any new master password on the iOS device itself? If yes, please try that password instead.

I also recommend trying to enter the master password with the cap lock on and see if that’ll work.