This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion Improvements to save login dialog box

laxu
laxu Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I've noticed a couple of usability issues with the Save login dialog box that appears when 1password notices new login info.

I was changing my passwords on several sites to more secure ones and in several cases when I replaced the previous info in 1password with the new one, it saved everything that was typed into the website's change settings forms (e-mail, address etc) and that does not work for actually logging in.

Because of this I believe that the Save login dialog should have the All fields option so you can check out beforehand that the information saved is the right stuff.

Second problem I've seen is when the Save login dialog appears, the website in the background does not actually log in so you can't tell if the name and password you entered was the correct one before saving the login info. It should work like it does in Firefox, it only presents the save login box AFTER successfully logging in, not holding the logging in until you save the login in 1password.

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='laxu']I was changing my passwords on several sites to more secure ones and in several cases when I replaced the previous info in 1password with the new one, it saved everything that was typed into the website's change settings forms (e-mail, address etc) and that does not work for actually logging in.[/quote]

Try updating instead of replacing:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/change_password.html[/url]

[quote]Because of this I believe that the Save login dialog should have the All fields option so you can check out beforehand that the information saved is the right stuff.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion! A form is just a form to 1Password, so yes, it saves all the fields that it finds. Normally, it can extract the login information that it needs from what it's saved. We haven't had any requests for this sort of control during the Save Login process, and that makes me think that this might add unnecessary complexity to it. Still, I can see how this would be helpful (I know I'd use it), and we're always interested in hearing how we can improve 1Password for everyone, so we definitely appreciate the time you took to post your thoughts. You never know when our developers will take an idea and run with it!

[quote]Second problem I've seen is when the Save login dialog appears, the website in the background does not actually log in so you can't tell if the name and password you entered was the correct one before saving the login info. It should work like it does in Firefox, it only presents the save login box AFTER successfully logging in, not holding the logging in until you save the login in 1password.[/QUOTE]

Actually, we think that the Safari approach is better. The reason for this is that you don't have to touch the Save Login banner until after you log in. You can just leave it there 'til you're sure that the information you've entered is accurate. Whenever you're ready, you can click the button to save the login.

I hope that helps!