This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cant find my information

I tried the free download, and loved it. I posted many many items into 1 Password.

I just paid for the licence and received the same. All seemed good.

When i go to launch the app i get a box welcoming me to 1 password. As i have an

existing data file i clicked on that box. I cant seem to find the original free

download, and all the data it contained. I was hoping that once i paid for and

updated the app, it would seemlessly update the free app.

The bottom line. Cant get into the app. Dont know where or what to do

Help Please

Comments

• Hi JMoe,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here, your 1Password data file is store separately from the main application so purchasing a license, and even reinstalling the latest version, should never harm your data.

It sounds like 1Password may have somehow forgotten your actual data location, but the good news is 1Password does make automatic backups, so if you go to File > Restore Data File from Backup when you're at the welcome screen and then select your most recent backup and click 'Restore Backup'.

I hope that helps,

[quote name='JMoe' timestamp='1312304265' post='36052']

I tried the free download, and loved it. I posted many many items into 1 Password.

I just paid for the licence and received the same. All seemed good.

When i go to launch the app i get a box welcoming me to 1 password. As i have an

existing data file i clicked on that box. I cant seem to find the original free

download, and all the data it contained. I was hoping that once i paid for and

updated the app, it would seemlessly update the free app.

The bottom line. Cant get into the app. Dont know where or what to do

Help Please

[/quote]
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1312304838' post='36055']

Hi JMoe,

I'm really sorry for the trouble here, your 1Password data file is store separately from the main application so purchasing a license, and even reinstalling the latest version, should never harm your data.

It sounds like 1Password may have somehow forgotten your actual data location, but the good news is 1Password does make automatic backups, so if you go to File > Restore Data File from Backup when you're at the welcome screen and then select your most recent backup and click 'Restore Backup'.

I hope that helps,

[/quote]

Worked great: Love this app.

THANKS
  • That's great news, JMoe, glad to hear you're up and running again, and thank you for the kind words!

All the best,

[quote name='JMoe' timestamp='1312305944' post='36064']

Worked great: Love this app.

THANKS

[/quote]