This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Not happy with the new 3.7.x browser extensions

eyeless
eyeless Junior Member
Hi,

Just to record my disappointment with the new extension in 3.7.x of 1Password. Since the 1Password autocompletion almost always have to be complemented by additional info saved in 1Password and thus requires that one also opens 1Password, the whole process has becomes at least doubly as demanding as previously -- now you have to go through a circus in order to launch 1Password via the extension, something I relied upon daily previously, but now I have to go back to opening the app like other apps .... .

/Jerry

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='eyeless' timestamp='1312305312' post='36058']

Hi,

Just to record my disappointment with the new extension in 3.7.x of 1Password. Since the 1Password autocompletion almost always have to be complemented by additional info saved in 1Password and thus requires that one also opens 1Password, the whole process has becomes at least doubly as demanding as previously -- now you have to go through a circus in order to launch 1Password via the extension, something I relied upon daily previously, but now I have to go back to opening the app like other apps .... .

/Jerry

[/quote]

Hello, and welcome to the forums, Jerry!

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with the new Safari extension — it is different than before. With our current versions you should be able to lookup (and in most cases even Fill) many things directly from the extension: logins, credit cards, identities, etc. Could you please tell me in a little more detail what you're needing to launch the 1Password application to do? If we understood a little better what your workflow had been, and how you see it today we can likely improve upon it while remaining in the browser.
  • sdes
    edited August 2011
    Hi Jerry,

I concur, almost everything has become less obvious and more difficult to achieve. What happened to the 'launch 1Password" off the Safari 1P button,

What do all the little grey icons mean? What is the differene between the square grey keyhole at the top and the almost identical just off square grey keyhole beneath it?

When a grey icon gets greyed out, what coulour does it become? Thats right, a nich clear grey like all the other icons - doh - what happened to this (previously) nice app. Can we install the 'classic' version please?

Good luck with the new counter intuitive UI.

Stephen
  • [quote name='sdes' timestamp='1312368741' post='36313']

Hi Jerry,

I concur, almost everything has become less obvious and more difficult to achieve. What happened to the 'launch 1Password" off the Safari 1P button,

What do all the little grey icons mean? What is the differene between the square grey keyhole at the top and the almost identical just off square grey keyhole beneath it?

When a grey icon gets greyed out, what coulour does it become? Thats right, a nich clear grey like all the other icons - doh - what happened to this (previously) nice app. Can we install the 'classic' version please?

Good luck with the new counter intuitive UI.

Stephen

[/quote]

Concurring. The icons need hover text at least, so I know what I'm about to click on. Icons are nice, but not everybody automatically understand what an icon represents. A textual representation would be nice. I'm OK with waiting a half-second for the hover text to appear.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote name='sdes' timestamp='1312368741' post='36313']

What happened to the 'launch 1Password" off the Safari 1P button?[/quote]

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110804-ecb5igwcsr63htpkw4xxkkwb12.png[/img]

[quote]What do all the little grey icons mean?[/quote]

From the top: Logins, All Logins, Credit Cards, Identities, Password Generator, Settings, and Lock (at the very bottom). These are all discoverable if you click on them. Each section is labeled across the top when you are viewing it.

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110804-ncqhrwqwd27x76d56sih697ic3.png[/img]

[quote]When a grey icon gets greyed out, what coulour does it become? Thats right, a nich clear grey like all the other icons - doh - what happened to this (previously) nice app. Can we install the 'classic' version please?[/quote]

Apple removed Scripting Additions from developer builds of Lion and brought them back only at the last minute. This is likely a sign that Apple plans to phase this technology out, and soon, but is giving developers a little more time to make the transition. Because we're trying to standardize our extension experience across browsers and prepare for the future, we have already taken Apple's progressive philosophy to heart and are looking towards the future to create a better experience for all customers.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. We are always here to help!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    [quote name='Richard Eriksson' timestamp='1312401751' post='36487']

Concurring. The icons need hover text at least, so I know what I'm about to click on. Icons are nice, but not everybody automatically understand what an icon represents. A textual representation would be nice. I'm OK with waiting a half-second for the hover text to appear.

[/quote]

Welcome to the forums, Richard. Hover text would be great. I will nudge the developers on this. As I mentioned above, once you select a section its name is displayed clearly across the top of the extension, but hover would also be nice.

Bonus tip: you can press Tab to move forward between the sections and Shift-Tab to move backwards through them.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Cheers,