This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari "Show Reading List" Problem

Jim_Tampa
Jim_Tampa Junior Member
I just installed the latest 1PW 3.7.1 and Safari Ext 3.7b9. Now my "Show Reading List" does not work properly (have lost all of my list) and cannot add new pages to the list. Any chance that the 1PW extension may have caused this? Thanks. Jim P

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='jimphil100' timestamp='1312305319' post='36059']

I just installed the latest 1PW 3.7.1 and Safari Ext 3.7b9. Now my "Show Reading List" does not work properly (have lost all of my list) and cannot add new pages to the list. Any chance that the 1PW extension may have caused this? Thanks. Jim P

[/quote]

I'm sorry that you're having this problem. I just tried to reproduce any kind of issue and wasn't able to in my Lion environment with the same versions of 1Password components as you. For me, I could add items to the Reading List, use 1Password to fill Logins items, etc. and nothing "bad" happened to the Reading List contents. Can you reproduce the problems you saw, and then if you repeat them with the 1Password extension disabled does everything with Reading List work properly?
  • Jim_Tampa
    Jim_Tampa Junior Member
    "Show Reading List" is once again working. I tried several trouble-shooting items. I disabled the extension, still had the problem, which led me to believe that it might not be caused by 1PW, but was not sure if the file that contains the "Show Reading List" pages had been deleted. I repaired permissions, which didn't help (nothing repaired during this action). Then rebooted, which didn't seem to help at first. Enabled the extension, closed Safari, then re-opened. Problem still there. Tried a couple of more webpages and suddenly "Show Reading List" began working properly...sort of. It worked intermittently for a bit, then started working properly. It's been working ok now for several hours. Thanks for your suggestions.
  • Thanks for the update, jimphil100, I've been using Safari's reading list without any issues since installing the new 1Password extension, so I'm glad to hear things are working for you again now.

In theory, Safari extensions shouldn't be able to actually interfere with Safari itself, the APIs are relatively limited compared with our old method of using scripting additions.

Do let us know if you run into any further issues though.

[quote name='jimphil100' timestamp='1312321715' post='36181']

"Show Reading List" is once again working. I tried several trouble-shooting items. I disabled the extension, still had the problem, which led me to believe that it might not be caused by 1PW, but was not sure if the file that contains the "Show Reading List" pages had been deleted. I repaired permissions, which didn't help (nothing repaired during this action). Then rebooted, which didn't seem to help at first. Enabled the extension, closed Safari, then re-opened. Problem still there. Tried a couple of more webpages and suddenly "Show Reading List" began working properly...sort of. It worked intermittently for a bit, then started working properly. It's been working ok now for several hours. Thanks for your suggestions.

[/quote]