This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Unlocking 1Password via Dropbox on new Mac

I just purchased a new Mac and I've downloaded 1Password. While setting up 1Password, it noticed my key stored in Dropbox and asked if I wanted to use it for this version. I said yes.

Now, when I open the 1Password application, and attempt to use my master password to unlock it on the new computer, I get the following error:

"Exception: Encryption keys file exist but cannot be loaded from <path to Dropbox key here>"

Also, I cannot use the Firefox extension -- when I type my master password, Firefox crashes.

On my older Mac, 1Password continues to work properly (as does the Firefox extension).

Any ideas why this might be happening, or any advice of how to fix it?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    [quote name='uclanik' timestamp='1312306299' post='36070']

I just purchased a new Mac and I've downloaded 1Password. While setting up 1Password, it noticed my key stored in Dropbox and asked if I wanted to use it for this version. I said yes.

Now, when I open the 1Password application, and attempt to use my master password to unlock it on the new computer, I get the following error:

"Exception: Encryption keys file exist but cannot be loaded from <path to Dropbox key here>"

Also, I cannot use the Firefox extension -- when I type my master password, Firefox crashes.

On my older Mac, 1Password continues to work properly (as does the Firefox extension).

Any ideas why this might be happening, or any advice of how to fix it?

[/quote]

Hi uclanik,

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like Dropbox has not finished syncing. If you click on the Dropbox icon in your menu bar it should say "All files up to date" once it has finished. Please try 1Password again after it has finished.

Thanks

Ben
  • uclanik
    edited August 2011
    Hi Ben,

Dropbox *has* finished syncing, and yet I continue to get the same error message. Any ideas?
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Please try rebuilding your data file in 1Password on the Mac where things are working well ([b]Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…[/b]) and let me know if that helps.
  • great! that worked!

Thanks for your help!
  • Thanks for the update, uclanik, glad to hear you're up and running again.