This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't update 3.7.b9 on Safari to 3.71

I updated to the 3.7.1 (build 31089) on Firefox, but on Safari 5.1 I still show the 3.7.b9 extension and can't figure out how to get it to 3.7.1. I tried uninstalling 3.7.b9, but the only option I get for reinstalling a 1P extension is the old beta. Safari can't seem to recognize that the update is available. I think I tried everything that is obvious, including exiting Safari by command-option-W and by restarting the computer.

Comments

• Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    [quote name='SamRay' timestamp='1312309240' post='36091']

I updated to the 3.7.1 (build 31089) on Firefox, but on Safari 5.1 I still show the 3.7.b9 extension and can't figure out how to get it to 3.7.1. I tried uninstalling 3.7.b9, but the only option I get for reinstalling a 1P extension is the old beta. Safari can't seem to recognize that the update is available. I think I tried everything that is obvious, including exiting Safari by command-option-W and by restarting the computer.

[/quote]

I would say 1Password 3.7.1 is the application itself

and 3.7b9 is the extension in Safari

can't tell for Firefox

I don't use it !

if this helps
  • Hi SamRay,

[quote name='SamRay' timestamp='1312309240' post='36091']

[/quote]

Sorry for the confusion here, Gilles9 hit the nail exactly on the head:

[quote name='Gilles9' timestamp='1312310480' post='36100']

I would say 1Password 3.7.1 is the application itself

and 3.7b9 is the extension in Safari

[/quote]

The Safari extension is currently at version 3.7 b9, 1Password itself itself is at 3.7.1 and our Firefox extension shares the same version number as 1Password for Mac. Because we can make changes to the Safari extension without updating 1Password itself, and vice-versa, the two version numbers may not always be in sync.

Hope that clears things up,
  • Thanks. I was confused by the two different extension numbers. I had downloaded the update when reading about an update for Lion, which I don't have, so I has assumed that the update would be for Safari on Snow Leopard as well. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention.

While we're on the subject of Safari and Firefox, I have noticed in the last week or so that I have to sign into IPassword on Safari and Firefox separately. It used to be that I could sign in on one and it would be open when I signed in on the other.

Also, 1Password will sign me in on Safari, then ask if I want to save the identical login as if it were brand new. The Safari extension still has bugs, it seems.

SamRay

[quote name='stu' timestamp='1312322351' post='36184']

Hi SamRay,

Sorry for the confusion here, Gilles9 hit the nail exactly on the head:

The Safari extension is currently at version 3.7 b9, 1Password itself itself is at 3.7.1 and our Firefox extension shares the same version number as 1Password for Mac. Because we can make changes to the Safari extension without updating 1Password itself, and vice-versa, the two version numbers may not always be in sync.

Hope that clears things up,

[/quote]
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='SamRay' timestamp='1312322883' post='36187']

Thanks. I was confused by the two different extension numbers. I had downloaded the update when reading about an update for Lion, which I don't have, so I has assumed that the update would be for Safari on Snow Leopard as well. I guess I didn't pay close enough attention.

While we're on the subject of Safari and Firefox, I have noticed in the last week or so that I have to sign into IPassword on Safari and Firefox separately. It used to be that I could sign in on one and it would be open when I signed in on the other.

Also, 1Password will sign me in on Safari, then ask if I want to save the identical login as if it were brand new. The Safari extension still has bugs, it seems.

SamRay

[/quote]

1Password 3.7.1 (our latest as of this writing) will work on Snow Leopard or Lion with Safari 5.1. The issue you've seen with having to provide your master password in more than one browser at a time is something we just addressed in the Safari extension. Please make sure you're using the very latest Safari extension (which is still beta at this point) and 1Password for Mac 3.7.1.

We're still working out some issues with the Safari extension. Please visit [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html"]this documentation page[/url] for information about the latest things we're tracking in this extension.