This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Latest version that is not a Safari extension

iphoneuser
iphoneuser Junior Member
Hi

I poked around your support documents and still wasn't sure of the answer. I am using Safari 5.0.5 and 1Pass 3.6.1. Is this version of 1Pass the last version that is NOT a Safari extension?

I am not ready to upgrade Safari and was going to hold off on upgrading to the extension version of 1Pass for now (not to mention I am sticking with 10.6.8 for awhile). I can't afford to be too bleeding edge at the moment.

Thanks for your time and thanks for a great product.

Comments

• Hi iphoneuser,

That's right, 1Password 3.6.1 is the last version of 1Password to support Safari 5.0.5 under Snow Leopard using our old solution based upon technologies that aren't available or are severely limited in Safari 5.1

We're not in the business of forcing users to upgrade, hence why you can always skip a 1Password update if you really want to, but it's worth mentioning that Safari 5.1 is more than just new features, it's a major security update.

Staying with 10.6.8 is fine, it's being patched by Apple and will get updates for quite some time to come as Apple typically offer security support for the latest 2 versions of OS X. Browsers are a different matter, when there's an update, everyone should install it, it's just not worth the risk that your system could be compromised by a known exploit in Safari 5.0.5.

What I'd suggest is to take a look at our latest blog post on the new Safari 5.1 extension here:

http://blog.agilebits.com/2011/07/its-here/

See what you think, read around the forums, and then when you're comfortable upgrade to Safari 5.1 as quickly as you can, and while you're on Safari 5.0.5 just be a little bit extra careful when browsing around the web.

Hope that helps,

[quote name='iphoneuser' timestamp='1312310071' post='36098']

Hi

I poked around your support documents and still wasn't sure of the answer. I am using Safari 5.0.5 and 1Pass 3.6.1. Is this version of 1Pass the last version that is NOT a Safari extension?

I am not ready to upgrade Safari and was going to hold off on upgrading to the extension version of 1Pass for now (not to mention I am sticking with 10.6.8 for awhile). I can't afford to be too bleeding edge at the moment.

Thanks for your time and thanks for a great product.

[/quote]
  • iphoneuser
    iphoneuser Junior Member
    Thanks for the information and advice.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='iphoneuser' timestamp='1312429566' post='36610']

Thanks for the information and advice.

[/quote]

You're very welcome! As Stu indicated, we're concerned about any customer that doesn't upgrade to Safari 5.1 that can, as it leaves them exposed to some potential issues. We do from time to time have to put our "educator" hat on and share what we know so that you can be best informed.