This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password and Agile Guys Still Great

dmbrown
dmbrown Junior Member
I was one of the many people who wrote on these forums to complain about the new 1Password extension in Safari 5.1. I wrote very soon after using the new 1Password extension. My point was that the old hierarchal menu approach in the 1P toolbar button was more efficient than the new approach. Which it is. However, after using the new 1Password for a while, it doesn't really matter. The new approach is just fine. Sure it's a LITTLE bit more mousing and an extra click or two. But now that I've used it for a short while, it's second nature and It Is Still Very Quick To Use. It's not like I'm not getting as much done each day because I need to mouse and click a few times more each day. Besides, the new version has some new features I'm only being to figure out how to make use of. These things take time, and I reacted too quickly.

Furthermore, I'm very impressed with the Agile people who have responded so calmly on many forum postings, explaining what happened, why it happened and where they are going with 1Password. Thank you for taking the time to do so; it helped.

1Password remains terrific software - one of the best products on the Mac market, in my opinion. Between the Mac version, and the iPhone and iPad companions, they have been tremendously useful to me over many years.

To all of you at Agile: It must have been difficult to have been on the receiving end of such a negative response, especially after you must have been scrambling to deal with late changes to Safari and Lion. Thank you for doing so, and keeping me informed along the way. You're doing a great job. Thank you.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Thank you so much for writing a thread to express your revised views. We've certainly heard a lot from many of you (thanks!) and we believe that what we have created is really special. It isn't "complete", it doesn't have every "i" dotted and every "t" crossed but we are working hard to improve everything about the Safari extension at every opportunity. Goodness knows the developers really appreciate your current views about their hard work and dedication to you, the customer.

You, our customers, are awesome to work with!
  • owangolama
    owangolama Junior Member
    i concur with marty. software development is not an easy business. it is extremely difficult to i) stay up-to-date with technologies changing around you; ii) keep your customers happy; iii) stay ahead of the competition; and iv) actually make a great (useful) product.

i'm not arguing that 1password is the be all and end all, but i do put my two cents behind the team that's managing to keep it running and current.

thanks!
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    Thank you!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='owangolama' timestamp='1312349353' post='36252']

i concur with marty. software development is not an easy business. it is extremely difficult to i) stay up-to-date with technologies changing around you; ii) keep your customers happy; iii) stay ahead of the competition; and iv) actually make a great (useful) product.

i'm not arguing that 1password is the be all and end all, but i do put my two cents behind the team that's managing to keep it running and current.

thanks!

[/quote]

Hey owangolama,

Thank you for your perspective. You certainly summed up our daily check list!

Everyone on the team uses a plethora of different software applications, and each of is very aware of what it feels like to experience a total makeover of a favorite app.

We can't do anything about the new API (i.e., the new "rules"), but we can do as much as possible to find creative ways to work within the new framework.

I appreciate the kind words for the team, and the realization that we are working diligently to stay "current" with the fast and furious pace of OS and browser development.

Lately, the comments regarded Lion/Safari 5.1. Before Safari 5.1, the comments regarded Firefox 5. Before FF5, the comments regarded <insert browser name here>, etc.

We are up to the challenge, but there will be hiccups along the way. Thanks for your and other's patience while we work through the challenges.

Cheers!

Brandt