This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Feature Requests

hannibalbarca
hannibalbarca Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Hi All,

I am intrigued by this product and will give it a go... I am such a big fan of AWS and 1Password it is a bit of a no brainer.

That being said, I would like to chime in with a request for a link in with 1Password, specifically an option so that when you unlock your 1Password it also unlocks all your vaults. This would match with peoples preferences as to time limits i.e. if they have their 1Password set to lock itself after 5 mins of non activity the vaults will lock up too. If people aren't at their computer then it should lock up the vaults I believe, but this could be an option.

I know that Knox has a password generator, but we should store them in 1Password anyway... so why can't the vaults be treated just like webpages - all the individual vault passwords are stored like webpage passwords, but in a different section in the 1Password app and a different line in the right mouse click options when you select a vault ('Open with Knox' or something.. They could also be copied with a one button push from the 1Password app just like all the other passwords.

The biggy for me is Windows compatibility. For the unwashed masses who still labour under Windows, it would be great if we could share passworded files with them seamlessly. Particularly if they didn't have to have Knox themselves, just the password.

It would seem to be a critical factor in mass adoption in my opinion, but that is just me of course.(bandit)

Finally how about bundling 1Password and Knox for upgrades together? For major releases you get the next generation of 1Password as well as the next one of Knox? If both are not ready at the same time then you could download the later one when ready. I guess in future the two apps may be blended anyway, but in the meantime...

Apologies if you have already done these things...

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the great feedback!

We look forward to making 1Password and Knox talk to each other, though they will remain distinct applications, each with its own user base. I don't anticipate the level of integration you describe, but certainly we'd like to make it easier for you to store and use your Knox vault passwords in 1Password.

The thing with Windows is that it's not just about the application itself, but the vaults. The underlying technology that Knox uses [url=http://help.agile.ws/Knox/windows.html]isn't available on Windows[/url].
  • hannibalbarca
    hannibalbarca Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi Gita,

Thanks for the reply. OK, I think a lot of us are wanting that Knox integration. I am aware that Windows doesn't use the sparse image format that we do on Macs, but I was thinking about an 'export to Windows' option that would create an encrypted zip file or something that PC peeps could open..

I went to get the software using the voucher that the AWS guys had emailed us about and it had expired! :-(

I only get paid once a month so I wasn't able to get it before now.

Is there any way I could get the program at the discounted rate?
  • medic
    medic Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='hannibalbarca']Hi Gita,

I went to get the software using the voucher that the AWS guys had emailed us about and it had expired! :-(

I only get paid once a month so I wasn't able to get it before now.

Is there any way I could get the program at the discounted rate?[/QUOTE]

I also tried buying yesterday with the discount code but noticed it had expired! It was there earlier in the week but wasn't in a position to buy it then...:cry:
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    I'm sorry that you weren't able to take advantage of Dave's generous, but limited time, sales offer. It had to end at some point and to be fair to everyone that perhaps stretched their budgets just a little to get it on sale it had to end at the same time for everyone.