This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Autofill in Safari is not friendly anymore

Hello,

After updating Safari to 5.1 and having the latest version of the extension (3.7b9) I have noticed that the behaviour of the extension in Safari became annoying, while it wasn't like that before.

My scenario:

- 1P is locked

- I open a site which I access with 1P

- I press my shortcut to autofill

- 1P widget appears asking me to type my master password

- I type my password and hit enter

(until now everything was as before, now here's the annoying part:)

- in the 1P widget there is my site name but the login form is NOT filled!

- I have to press the shortcut again, or click the link on the widget.

In Firefox, the extension I have (3.6.5) behaves like it should: locked, access site, press shortcut, type master pass, I am in.

In Safari it requires additional key stroke or a click. This is not user friendly.

Why?

Thanks for clarifications.

Comments

• Completely agree - this new release seems to be a giant leap backwards in terms of User Experience on every level.

Gone to greyscale - why - colour clarifies. I keep having to use the full app as opposed to using the Safari plugin now.

Why oh why oh why have they changed it for the worse?
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    Hello bzx, I'm sorry you had to experience that problem. Thankfully it would only happen when 1Password was locked and would indeed automatically fill when it was unlocked.

The great news is I just fixed this yesterday so that it would fill after unlocking (assume there is only one login, of course). I'm still testing a few things but I suspect you'll see a new release appear with this fix in the next few days.
  • [quote name='dteare' timestamp='1312372969' post='36344']

Hello bzx, I'm sorry you had to experience that problem. Thankfully it would only happen when 1Password was locked and would indeed automatically fill when it was unlocked.

The great news is I just fixed this yesterday so that it would fill after unlocking (assume there is only one login, of course). I'm still testing a few things but I suspect you'll see a new release appear with this fix in the next few days.

[/quote]

I noticed today that when I tried to get 1PW to autofill a cc # on a webpage, nothing happened. I then went through the same steps, but this time tried copying and pasting the cc#, still nothing. I thought maybe it was the website preventing me from pasting, so I copied and tried pasting into TextEdit...the clipboard was empty.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2011
    Hey PackDude,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem. I was not able to reproduce it here, though. I am using the latest 1Password beta (3.7.2.BETA-2) along with the latest version of the Safari extension (3.7.b10). I went to fill a Credit Card item on Amazon's "Add a Credit or Debit Card" page and it went without a hitch. Are you able to fill a Credit Card on Amazon.com? Perhaps there is a specific URL that is the culprit. If you are able to fill on Amazon but not the site where you initially attempted to fill, could you provide the URL?

I am also able to copy the information from a Credit Card item properly to the clipboard.

Please be sure you are using the latest versions of 1Password and the Safari extension and let me know if you are still having trouble. I would love to get this resolved for you.

Thanks!
  • [quote name='dteare' timestamp='1312372969' post='36344']

[/quote]

I have seen a new release of the Safari extension however this issue is still in place.

I suppose the fix will be included soon?

Thanks,

bzx
  • Hello bzx,

This issue is not fixed as of 1Password 3.8.0.BETA-1 (build 31107) & Safari extension 3.7.

I do not have anything to offer related to the timing of a fix, but I do know that Dave is working on it.

Thank you for your patience while we sort this functionality out. It is an extra click, and I know that it is not optimal, but we hope to see it soon.

Cheers!

Brandt