This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Trouble downloading 1Password

NaRobb
edited August 2011 in Mac
No matter how I try to do it, from 1 Password > Check for Updates or going to the 1Password website, I cannot download the latest upgrade. When I try within 1 Password I get a message, eventually, that says "An error occurred while trying to download the file. Please try again later or use a different download location." When I try from the website, I keep getting a spinning wheel that never seems to connect & start downloading. What's going on? What else should I try?

Comments

• Hi NaRobb,

I'm sorry for the trouble here, it sounds like you may be trying to update from an older version of 1Password, version 3.5.9 or older perhaps. Between these versions we changed our company name from Agile Web Solutions to AgileBits and changed our servers as such.

So, the best option is to manually download the latest 3.7.1 version from http://agilebits.com/downloads and then replace your current copy of 1Password with this newly downloaded version. Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so you can safely replace your local copy of 1Password or its browser extensions without jeopardising your data.

Hope that helps,

[quote name='NaRobb' timestamp='1312398818' post='36475']

No matter how I try to do it, from 1 Password > Check for Updates or going to the 1Password website, I cannot download the latest upgrade. When I try within 1 Password I get a message, eventually, that says "An error occurred while trying to download the file. Please try again later or use a different download location." When I try from the website, I keep getting a spinning wheel that never seems to connect & start downloading. What's going on? What else should I try?

[/quote]
  • I'm afraid that this isn't helping. I am trying to upgrade from 1Passwords 3.7 to 3.7.1, not from an older version. I've clicked on the link to download 1Password anew & all I keep getting is a whirling circle in a new tab, saying "Connecting" that goes on forever. I can't seem to download. Help!!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    It sounds like something may be amiss with your network connection. Have you tried a different browser? Could you copy and paste the output from this command after you enter it in Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities in Finder)?

[code]ping aws.cachefly.net[/code]

Are you using any software from Intego like VirusBarrier or Internet Security Barrier. There was an issue a while ago but they fixed it with an update. If you are running any Intego software, please be sure you are completely up to date with it and let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!