This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

now that I have installed Lion, I can't get 1password to work

I installed Lion and upgraded 1password to 3.7.2.BETA-2 (build 31094) but when I try to open 1password, the find data file screen comes on. I click it and find the 1password app but it is grayed out so I can't use it to find the existing data file. Bottom line. nothing works. Can you help?

Thanks

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    Hi tatertot, welcome to the forums!

The data file should be the file called [i]1Password.agilekeychain, [/i]which holds all of your data for 1Password.[i] [/i]By default, it is located in this path:

[code] Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password [/code]

If you’re on Lion, you may not see the Library folder. The easiest way to see the Library folder in Finder is go to the Go Menu and press the option key, you’ll see Library show up.

After that, you should be able to locate the 1Password data file.

If you used Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, then your data file will be located in your Dropbox folder:

[code] Home > Dropbox [/code]

I hope that helps.
  • [quote name='MikeT' timestamp='1312502217' post='36851']

Hi tatertot, welcome to the forums!

The data file should be the file called [i]1Password.agilekeychain, [/i]which holds all of your data for 1Password.[i] [/i]By default, it is located in this path:

[code] Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password [/code]

If you’re on Lion, you may not see the Library folder. The easiest way to see the Library folder in Finder is go to the View Menu and press the option key, you’ll see Library show up.

After that, you should be able to locate the 1Password data file.

If you used Dropbox to sync your 1Password data, then your data file will be located in your Dropbox folder:

[code] Home > Dropbox [/code]

I hope that helps.

[/quote]

Hi Mike

Thanks for responding. No that unfortunately did not help. I clicked on option and view menu but only the last 2 options were available, Layout and Columns. I unfortunately didn't have it on dropbox but will once I get this going again. I do have time machine. Any way to use that or any other ideas?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Tatertot,

I’m sorry about that, it’s not the View Menu, it’s the Go Menu. If you use the Go Menu, the Library folder will show up now when you press the option key. I corrected my original post.

If you reach the 1Password folder after entering the Library folder, you’ll then be able to use Time Machine to try to restore the[i] 1Password.agilekeychain[/i] file. If you restored it, just double click on this file to have 1Password open it for you.