This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1P Not Saving Logins!

rfranssen
rfranssen Junior Member
I've run the latest extension 3.7.10 Beta for Safari and created my first login through the laborious and unfriendly button system that was forced on Agile. Arggh, no drop down sheet to save the login!!!!! WTF??? This is one of the features that is a MUST. What is going on here? Also, it is VERY DIFFICULT to easily pick up the last used password now too. And the TINY WINDOW that drops from the button is WAY TOO SMALL to show my 40+ character login names that I use for clients with 10 or more logins per website. The fix will be simple as it is being used by FF which works as intended. A CONTEXTUAL MENU from the OS. Problem solved. HELP!!!!!!

We appreciate all your hard work AGILE for a tremendous product.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hello rfranssen,

I'm sorry that you've had a frustrating experience using 1Password thus far. The current version of 1Password does provide for autosaving logins, so you should not be having this difficulty.

You mentioned that you were using the latest extension, 3.7.b10, but you did not mention the version of the 1Password desktop application or the OS X that you are running.

Several of our extension updates require the latest release of our desktop application in order to access the maximum functionality of the fixes and updates provided. Currently, the latest release of 1Password 3 for Mac is version 3.7.2 (build 31099). In addition, there have been some different behaviors experienced when using the same versions on Snow Leopard vs. Lion. At this time, knowing those details does matter with our efforts to resolve the problems you are experiencing.

Please ensure you were using that version when you experienced the behavior you described. If you weren't, please update and try saving a login again. If you were running the latest desktop version, please let us know whether you are running SL or Lion, and provide the URL for which 1P will not save the login. We will test the site and see if there is a workaround.

Regarding the size of the Safari UI, we are still working through the issues of the popover's size and placement. Initially, we received feedback that the UI was too big, so we decreased the size. After receiving feedback from users like you who believe it is too small, we will take another look and see if there is a way to address those concerns. It is all a balancing act, but I'm confident that we will get there eventually.

Thanks for your comments, and for your kind words regarding our efforts. We do care about our customer's desires, and we work very hard to tweak until we peak!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • rfranssen
    rfranssen Junior Member
    Thanks for your speedy reply. I’m using Lion 10.7 and Safari 5.1 of course since that’s the devil of the details. 1P was bliss before then!

I will attempt another login save soon and let you know but this is a site I’ve been working with for over 10 years and at least three with 1P without a problem and the expected behavior. Tonight nothing.

Also, I was attempting to login to Getty Ticketing (getty.edu) and it crashed Safari every time.

IF you could simply get a Contextual menu like FF all would be bliss with no problems since I could access 1P directly from any page or pop-up. Did the switch from plug-in to extension cause that much of an issue? I’m sure the Mac community will overcome the 1984 tactics of Apple. Let’s hope this isn’t our Vista!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hey rfranssen,

Thanks for replying with additional info. It really helps!

I'm running Lion, Safari 5.1, 1Password 3.7.2 and 1P's Safari extension 3.7.b10.

I was able to save a login for [url="https://tickets.getty.edu/crm_login.asp"]https://tickets.gett...u/crm_login.asp[/url], and subsequently autofill and autosubmit the saved login. Hopefully, you've updated to our current versions, and you are now able to use a Getty Ticketing login without crashing Safari. If not, please let us know.

Regarding contextual menus, I would love to see those return in their previous format well. The new Safari API did, in fact, "cause that much of an issue". Unfortunately, the new third-party app integration restrictions are have placed substantial challenges to our ability to provide the right-click functionality that we both loved in the previous Safari version, and, apparently, both still love using in FF.

We have returned contextual menus to Safari 5.1 in a limited form, but we are not back to the old days. Please review the following FAQ for more information: [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/contextual_menu.html"]Contextual Menus[/url]

I do hope that you are correct that Lion is not the our "Vista". Thus far, I would never compare the two, and I am confident that once we figure out how to converge our Safari 5.0 and 5.1 versions closer together, you will no longer worry about it either!

Cheers!

Brandt