This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Data Not Available problem

<div class="IPBDescription">every time When trying to save a log in, I get a error message.</div>Every time I tried to save a log in, I get a error message like this: "Data not available. Please <a href="javascript:sendMessageToGlobal('launch1Password', {});">open and unlock 1Password app</a> to update extension data."

I have try uninstall completely, and re-install 1password again. I follow the instruction for MAC OS X lion and safari 5.1, update the app and the safari extension. I am still having the same problem.

I even reformatted my computer to see if it helps. and still no luck.

Please help me resolve this problem. THank you

Jason

Comments

• CoLab
    edited August 2011
    Hi all,

I also have exactly same issues and dialog box.

I have a clean install of Lion, Clean install of one password - and is completely useless - I have gone back to using notes in Apple keychain.

I have uninstalled the Safari extension, used app delete to uninstall 1password, reinstalled the latest version, reinstalled the extension (have done this three times - each time a new update comes out)

and still get the same message as you. I see another user has sprung up with the same issue on hours ago.

Very frustrating - it is the only software problem I have run into with Lion.

Looking forward to a solution ...Apple keychain is looking very attractive again as 1password is completely unusable.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited August 2011
    I'm sorry for the trouble. The "Data Not Available" error normally happens when the data from 1Password has not been copied over Safari yet. To allow this to happen, you need to open the main 1Password application and unlock it. Please start 1Password and ensure it is unlocked. After unlocking 1Password, after 10-15 seconds all your data should be copied into Safari and you should be able to unlock 1Password.

If the problem persists, please try editing one of your saved items in 1Password. Sometimes this "kick starts" the sync process. After editing, wait 15 seconds and try again.

Please give that a try and let us know how it turns out.

[img]http://i.agilebits.com/dt/proven-solution-20110803-121213.png[/img]
  • [quote name='dteare' timestamp='1312590149' post='37104']

I'm sorry for the trouble. The "Data Not Available" error normally happens when the data from 1Password has not been copied over Safari yet. To allow this to happen, you need to open the main 1Password application and unlock it. Please start 1Password and ensure it is unlocked. After unlocking 1Password, after 10-15 seconds all your data should be copied into Safari and you should be able to unlock 1Password.

If the problem persists, please try editing one of your saved items in 1Password. Sometimes this "kick starts" the sync process. After editing, wait 15 seconds and try again.

Please give that a try and let us know how it turns out.

[/quote]

Thanks for your help - taking what you suggested didn't work, but as mine was a clean install I has absolutely no data in 1password.

So I manually created a web login entry in the 1password app - and now the Safari plug-in is working! Fantastic!

Very happy. Thank You.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    [quote name='CoLab' timestamp='1312593977' post='37123']

Thanks for your help - taking what you suggested didn't work, but as mine was a clean install I has absolutely no data in 1password.

So I manually created a web login entry in the 1password app - and now the Safari plug-in is working! Fantastic!

Very happy. Thank You.

[/quote]

Thank you! We really appreciate hearing that your issue is now resolved. We'll see if we can handle this condition better in the future.