This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Not happy with new version. Universal unlock+Autosave not working

tj4shee
tj4shee Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Univ unlock FXD in latest version; Autosave improvements coming soon.</div>I just wanted to say that I have been using 1Password on my Mac for many years...... and then on my iPhone and iPad...... I have always been happy.

You took a great product and completely made a MESS ! This new version really STINKS ! To the point where it has become a pain in the butt to have it installed - it just gets in the way now.

Hopefully someone at Agile reads this and makes an intelligent decision about this new version - like SCRAP IT !

Sorry if my honest feelings hurt - but this new version frustrates me.... and yes... I am emotional over it - because the old 1Password was a great productivity tool.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hello tj4shee,

I am sorry that you are very unhappy with the current version of 1Password. We always want to hear a member's "honest feelings" as long as they are posted in an appropriate manner (i.e. using "kid friendly" language). Your post was honest and appropriate. Thank you for both.

User feedback regarding the size of the Safari UI resulted in a smaller version with more functionality than the first release. In addition, user provided URLs that did not work led to improvements in our Go & FIll and Autosubmit code. There are several other examples that I could list, but since you do not like the current version, I presume that you do not see the updates as an improvement.

It appears to me that you have some very strong opinions regarding what you like and dislike about the current version. I would appreciate it if you would let us know specifically what you dislike, hate, etc. In addition, would you please elaborate on how 1P "... just gets in the way."?

When a user is unhappy with our application, we are not happy either. Some changes are required by new integration requirements, but other changes may be modified, removed, etc. Please let us know where to focus our efforts. We cannot go back to the exact version you use previously, but we can try to make the newest version better meet your needs.

When you reply, please let us know the versions of OS X, 1Password and any browsers that you are running.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • tj4shee
    tj4shee Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for your reply Brandt.

The two most annoying things with this new version are: 1) It continually asks for my Master Password and 2) it is continually asking me if I want to save a password for a site when it already has the password for the site.... it is not creating a duplicate entry.... and the password hasn't changed.

TJ
  • [quote name='tj4shee' timestamp='1312846344' post='37875']

1) It continually asks for my Master Password[/quote]

This is something we've been working hard to resolve, at first the new extension didn't feature 'universal unlock' like the old method of integrating with Safari did, but I'm pleased to say that things should be back to normal with the new update, the latest version of which is currently in Beta.

To get this new update please go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates and check 'Include Beta Versions' and then click 'Check Now' to get our latest 3.7.5.Beta-3 update.

Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to the latest version, 3.7 b13, by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart Safari with Command-Option-Q to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

[quote]2) it is continually asking me if I want to save a password for a site when it already has the password for the site.... it is not creating a duplicate entry.... and the password hasn't changed.[/quote]

We're working on a fix for this at the moment, it appears to be a conflict with Safari's AutoFill. For now, can you go to Safari > Preferences > AutoFill disable the options there.

I hope that helps,