This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

iPhone App Store and iTunes

<div class="IPBDescription">General Password Question with iTunes</div>I'm new to the application, so forgive if this question has been answered. Since I'm new to the app, I'm not even sure what search terms to use.

So I've got syncing working via Drop Box. Used a few sites. Updated some new passwords, etc.

I'm considering changing my iTunes password so it's "strong" and randomly generated. However, if I do that, will it autofill on my windows computers (yes I have one password installed there). I know that I can use the autofill function too. So that's not too big of a deal.

The bigger question is whether or not I can do that on the iPhone. Say when I buy music, movies, etc. or install an app. The phone asks me for my apple id password. If it's auto-generated, I'm not going to be able to remember it most likely. Will 1password fill that in for me automatically? Right now it doesn't. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [quote name='Thaifoon Kitty' timestamp='1312649332' post='37285']

I'm new to the application, so forgive if this question has been answered. Since I'm new to the app, I'm not even sure what search terms to use.[/quote]

First of all, welcome to the 1Password family, it's great to have you with us.

[quote]So I've got syncing working via Drop Box. Used a few sites. Updated some new passwords, etc.[/quote]

That's great to hear, glad you've got syncing setup and are finding your way around 1Password.

[quote]I'm considering changing my iTunes password so it's "strong" and randomly generated. However, if I do that, will it autofill on my windows computers (yes I have one password installed there). I know that I can use the autofill function too. So that's not too big of a deal.[/quote]

In general, 1Password is designed to fill your details in web browsers such as Firefox and Chrome as these provide us with an extensions framework to integrate with them and fill your details. The same isn't the case for iTunes, but 1Password for Windows has a great 'Auto Type' feature that will let you effectively fill this new iTunes password for you. You can learn more about this in our [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password_Windows/auto-type.html"]user guide[/url].

[quote]The bigger question is whether or not I can do that on the iPhone. Say when I buy music, movies, etc. or install an app. The phone asks me for my apple id password. If it's auto-generated, I'm not going to be able to remember it most likely. Will 1password fill that in for me automatically? Right now it doesn't. Am I missing something?[/quote]

This is where things get tricky, because of the way iOS works we don't have a way to integrate 1Password with the prompts for your iTunes password on the device, and so the only option is to open 1Password, locate your iTunes password and then copy and paste.

For my own Apple ID / iTunes Account, I've used a password that's stronger but still something I can remember.

Sorry that probably isn't the answer you're looking for, but I hope it helps clear things up.