This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password hanging when opening Preferences

I had the problem where 1password would hang when I tried to quit. That seems to have been solved

using various techniques that were suggested: trashing the prefs, restarting the Mac, re-installing the application.

Now it hangs (in the same way) when I try to open Preferences... from the 1Password menu.

Using 1Password 3.7.2, Build 31099.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Welcome to the forums, Roger! And thank you so much for including the 1Password version number... that helps a great deal.

Do you see this condition every time you open the Preferences window, or only sometimes? Although I can only guess at what might actually be happening, it certainly does sound like your preferences are in a state that would not be expected.

Please quit 1Password (forcibly if needed) and [b]move[/b] your 1Password preferences file:

[indent]~/Library/Preferences/ws.agile.1Password.plist

[/indent]

to your Desktop. Re-launch 1Password and attempt to open the Preferences window. Does it open fine this time? If so, we'd love to take a look at the original preferences file in your Desktop to see if we can reproduce the problem. There's nothing secret in your preferences file, but your 1Password license is there you shouldn't post it to the forums. Instead, please email the file to us at support@agilebits.com, and include a link to this forum thread so we can 'connect the dots'.
  • Same problem here in terms of 1Password hanging after opening preferences. Running up to date version of Lion on my iMac and version 3.8.1 of 1Password. Tried the solution MartyS suggests w/ the preference file and unfortunately the same behavior persists after pulling the file to my desktop. Note I have my data file in drop box and also use two other iMacs that are not having this problem (at least not yet). This seems to have appeared after the 3.8.1 update.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    It sounds like your 1Password installation may be damaged. To resolve this:

1. Download 1Password from our web site:

http://agilebits.com/downloads

Click on the "Download Now" button under "1Password 3"

2. Quit your web browser and 1Password, if it's running

3. Drag the newly downloaded version of 1Password to the same location as any previous one -- replacing it

4. Run 1Password at least once and then your web browser

Your information is stored in a data file separate from the application, so it will not be harmed by this procedure.