This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Existing data file not recognized

<div class="IPBDescription">PPF data file not recognized</div>I am trying to install 1Password 3.7.2 on a Mac running OSX 10.6.3. When I click "Find Existing" data file, and browse to my 1Password data file, the data.pif file is greyed out. I can't find any documentation saying anything about file format for the data file. What's up?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hello gmolnar and welcome to the Forums!

The 1Password data file is called the [i][b]1Password.agilekeychain[/b][/i]. The file you are trying to select ([i][b]data.1pif[/b][/i]) is an exported copy of [i][b]1Password.agilekeychain[/b][/i] data. Considering that you have a [i][b].1pif[/b][/i] file available, I'm curious if you already have 1Password installed on another computer.

If so, please follow the instructions provided in our help guide: [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/switching_macs.html"]Setting Up a New Mac[/url]

If you no longer have access to the copy of 1Password that created the [i][b].1pif[/b][/i] file, you can import the [i][b]data.1pif [/b][/i]file after you've finished installing 1Password on your current machine. You will need to select "New Data File" instead of "Find Existing". Once 1Password is installed, you can start the import process.

To import Logins formatted as 1Password Interchange Format (.1pif), choose File > Import, select 1Password Interchange Format, search for and select the "data.1pif" file and complete the import.

Please note that the data.1pif file is NOT encrypted. Once you've completed the import, we recommend that you drag the data.1pif file to the Trash. Next, in the Finder menu, go to Finder > Secure Empty Trash to provide additional protection against the ability to recover your file and expose your data.

Please let us know if you have any problems using either method.

Cheers!

Brandt