This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password fails to require master password

KapitiKit
KapitiKit Junior Member
Recently I updated my Safari browser to 5.1 and also downloaded the 1Password update (3.6.5).

Despite setting the security preferences in 1Password to auto-lock 1) after 20 minutes of inactivity, 2) when sleeping, and 3) when screen saver is activated, I'm finding that my 1Password logins are immediately accessible when I lift my MacBook Pro's lid -- I don't have to enter any master password at all.

This is quite disturbing -- if someone were to steal my laptop when it wasn't shut down, they could also access all my passwords!

Help!

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2011
    Please update to 1Password 3.7.2 and version 3.7.b10 of the Safari extension and let me know if you are still able to reproduce the issue. There have been a number of fairly major updates since 3.6.5 and you may have been using the old application with a newer version of the extension (since it updates itself automatically).
  • VirgilBoy
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='khad' timestamp='1312788404' post='37639']

Please update to 1Password 3.7.2 and version 3.7.b10 of the Safari extension and let me know if you are still able to reproduce the issue. There have been a number of fairly major updates since 3.6.5 and you may have been using the old application with a newer version of the extension (since it updates itself automatically).

[/quote]

Hi...this problem is back for me again. I am on 3.7.2 and beta 10 extension. After waking the Mac, I am not being asked for the master password. The correct settings are set in preferences.

John
  • John,

It sounds like the 1PasswordAgent process isn't properly communicating between the extension and 1Password itself to make sure your auto-lock settings are synced. Can you go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent and let me know if that gets things back to normal for you.

Thanks,

[quote name='VirgilBoy' timestamp='1312817860' post='37736']

Hi...this problem is back for me again. I am on 3.7.2 and beta 10 extension. After waking the Mac, I am not being asked for the master password. The correct settings are set in preferences.

John

[/quote]
  • VirgilBoy
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1312824517' post='37777']

John,

It sounds like the 1PasswordAgent process isn't properly communicating between the extension and 1Password itself to make sure your auto-lock settings are synced. Can you go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent and let me know if that gets things back to normal for you.

Thanks,

[/quote]

Hi Stu - I did the restart agent, restarted Safari and put the Mac to sleep. Upon awakening, I once again needed to enter my master password.

That did the trick...thanks, John
  • Thanks for the update, John, glad to hear things are back to normal again.

[quote name='VirgilBoy' timestamp='1312835892' post='37828']

Hi Stu - I did the restart agent, restarted Safari and put the Mac to sleep. Upon awakening, I once again needed to enter my master password.

That did the trick...thanks, John

[/quote]