This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Not able to login with Lion

I am stuck with 1Password and Lion. I have the icon in the Safari-toolbar. If I click the icon I get the login-panel, type my master-password, but then it does not go on. No reaction on mouse click or return-key. I deinstalled and installed the extension, I deleted the files in the library, without success. There is a second phenomenon: sometimes the panel appears with chaotic contents (see attached file), but I cannot say under which circumstances this happens. Very strange...

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, petervilain. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

The broken 1Password window can be caused by several unsupported Safari extensions. Because of the unsupported nature in which they interact with applications, these extensions can interfere greatly with the proper behavior of the 1Password browser extensions.

Examples of extensions we've seen that cause issues are "SafariSniffer" and "Wondershare AllMyTube/Free YouTube Downloader". It is likely other unsupported extensions would result in similar problems.

You can see if you have any of these installed by looking in these folders:

~/Library/ScriptingAdditions (in your Home folder)

/Library/ScriptingAdditions (in the root of your hard disk)

The most popular one is SIMBL, but there are others as well. Try moving anything you find in these folders somewhere else, for example, to your Desktop.

Once the files are moved, please restart Safari and I suspect you will be greeted with a much more enjoyable 1Password experience.

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • Khad, many thanks. SIMBL was the culprit. Finally I have 1Password back. Only the software not working shows how often it helps to make logins a pleasure.
  • On Khad's behalf, you're very welcome and I'm glad to hear you're up and running again. 1Password really is a life saver for me too, especially given the amount of logins I have.

If there's anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

[quote name='petervilain' timestamp='1312829162' post='37804']

Khad, many thanks. SIMBL was the culprit. Finally I have 1Password back. Only the software not working shows how often it helps to make logins a pleasure.

[/quote]