This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Restoring Data from 1password 1

Hey Guys,

I have a serious problem.

I owned an iPhone on which i was using 1password before the introduction of the Agile Keychain.

All i have left is a backup of the iPhone, from which i extracted the Application data, which includes the 1password.sqlite file.

Is there a way i can recover my passwords from there?

I'm not owning an apple computer. Can i convert the sqlite data to the keychain format?

I'd even do it manually, since there's something important in there.

I'm trying to figure out a way to do that, without having to use some jailbroken iOS device and an old version of 1password.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    Welcome to the forums, heathen.

Unfortunately, there is no way to take your mobile app data file and "turn" it into anything. The data you would be interested in is encrypted, and only the logic of the app can help you.

Depending on exactly how old the file is, you might even be in a position where it is an older format that isn't supported by our current mobile apps that can sync (with Wi-Fi or Dropbox) to 1Password for Mac. That would leave you unable to do anything (short of copying down all the data manually) even if you restored the data to another iOS-based device. It's been a long time since this was true -- I believe it was versions before 2.4, but it still might be true in your case.

I'm sorry there isn't a better answer for you.