This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Sudden Lock 2-3 seconds after entering master password

<div class="IPBDescription">Since I havent got any reply, I am going to keep posting this !</div>I have been experiencing "sudden lock" issue.

So I open my 1Password as usual, and enter the Master Password, as usual.

It successfully unlocked, and reveal the passwords inside.

THEN! for 2-3 seconds after (sometimes shorter sometimes longer) 1Password just suddenly "locked" and goes back to the Maser Password input section.

I cannot use the program at all.

I tried uninstalling by deleting the program, and reinstall ... does not work, the exact same thing happens.

I am using OSX Tiger, and have completed the latest update for both OS and 1Password

Help please

Best,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hi melancolique,

This is very strange, we've had reports of instant locking behaviour with Lion, OS X 10.7, but not Tiger 10.4.

Could you tell us the version of 1Password you have installed by going to 1Password > About 1Password.

Thanks,
  • melancolique
    edited August 2011
    Wait .. im sorry, my mistake, its not Tiger, but Lion 10.7

sorry for the confusion.

and my 1password version is Version 3.7.2 (build 31099)

Best,
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, melancolique,

That explains things. Do you have the application "DisplayPad" installed on your computer? If so, could you check to see if it has a Lion-compatible update?

Otherwise, you may need to stop it from running, as that instantly clears up several issues we have seen: cases of 1Password "unlock --> lock" madness as well as your screen saver coming on for no reason at all (and usually on a Space in Mission Control other than the one you're using). Several reports from Lion systems have been completely stable since they removed DisplayPad.

Similar applications may have the same behaviour: one customer reported the new extension locking too often with "Air Display" installed -- once it was removed, 1Password no longer locked with wild abandon. Another customer reported that upgrading LaunchBar fixed the issue.

If you don't have any of these applications and cannot find the cause, you can temporarily disable 1Password's "Lock when screensaver is activated" preference in the 1Password > Preferences > Security window.

Hope that helps,
  • melancolique
    edited August 2011
    Thank you for your reply

First of all, i do not have the DisplayPad application installed, and I've never heard of it. But I do have Air display installed.

I (just now) tried to disable "Lock when screensaver is activated" function, it still did not work,

HOWEVER, when I disable all "Auto-lock" funtion, 1password works just fine .. << maybe this fact can help you fix the problem somehow

Best,
  • [quote name='melancolique' timestamp='1312736162' post='37493']

First of all, i do not have the DisplayPad application installed, and I've never heard of it. But I do have Air display installed.[/quote]

DisplayPad is very similar to AirDisplay, and as I mentioned it looks like there's an issue with AirDisplay causing the consistent locking when 1Password's auto-lock is enabled, that seems to be more of an issue on their end than ours though.

If you can try uninstalling AirDisplay and then re-enabling 1Password's auto-lock, you should find the behaviour is back to normal.

Thanks,