This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

iPad Email Account Creation Problem

Hi,

i think that there would appear to be a bug in the way that 1Password creates new Email accounts on the iPad.

If I create a new Email account using the iPad app I notice that I can't see it at all on my Android phone. Further, while I can see that item in the list of accounts on the Windows version of 1Password, I can't see any details of the account.

Using the windows version, the account type shows up as "<wallet.onlineservices.Email.v2>" whereas an email account created using the windows app shows up simply as "Email Account".

Also, if I create a new Email Account on the windows app, it shows up correctly on the iPad as an Email Account but has a different icon next to it. Email accounts created on the iPad have a keyhole icon (the same as the generic account) but Email Accounts created on the windows application and synced over to the iPad (using Dropbox) have a little envelope icon next to them.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It would be nice if this could be fixed as it effectively means it is not possible to create any email accounts on the iPad version of 1Password.

Thanks

Hamza

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hello Hamza and welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately, favicons and previews are file attachments, which are not synched to iOS devices at this time. So, you will see only generic icons built into the 1P Pro app. Consequently, you will only see the generic icon when you create an entry on the iPad too.

Regarding the issue of not seeing the iPad created e-mail account on your Android, I passed along this behavior to one of our Android experts, and I am confident that you will receive a response soon.

Cheers!

Brandt