This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cannot find data file

Here is the problem: 1password works within Safari 5.1 Lion but when I try to start the Application from within Safari's 1Password Extension the application asks me "where is the data file?" Where IS the data file????

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, mojoron. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

The default location of your data file is:

[code]/Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/1Password/1Password.agilekeychain[/code]

If you have clicked the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences in order to sync your data through Dropbox, it will be located here:

[code]/Users/yourusername/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain[/code]

Is this a brand new installation of 1Password? If so, you will need to create a New Data File by selecting that option. If not, and you cannot locate your data file, you can also try restoring from a backup.

In the 1Password application, click the File menu and then select "Restore Data File from Backup". Your most recent backup will be listed at the top and automatically highlighted. Click the "Restore Backup" button to restore it.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Thanks!