This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Suggestion I'd like an option to "never remember" for sites that use HTTP auth

geoffbeier
geoffbeier Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
The subject line says it all :-). I have a few internal company sites that I use which use HTTP authentication (as opposed to a form on the web page). For several reasons I just shouldn't store these in 1password. The way it currently works, I have to click "Not Now" every time I sign in. It'd be much nicer to use if there was a "never for this site" button.

[attachment=80:Log In.png]

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, Geoff!

Please run the 1Password application and choose the 1Password -> Preferences menu choice, then click on the Logins pane. There you'll find a "Avoid Autosave on These Domains" section where you can manage a list of domains that you don't want 1Password to prompt you for new Logins items.
  • geoffbeier
    geoffbeier Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Please run the 1Password application and choose the 1Password -> Preferences menu choice, then click on the Logins pane. There you'll find a "Avoid Autosave on These Domains" section where you can manage a list of domains that you don't want 1Password to prompt you for new Logins items.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, Marty. I'm feeling dense... I don't see the section you're talking about. Can you point it out here?

[attachment=82:Logins.jpg]
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited June 2010
    That's interesting, Geoff. What version are you using? Please try updating 1P and see if it takes care of this. You're missing a bit there. Here's what you should see:

[IMG]http://cdn.agile.ws/cindy/Logins-20100616-114435.jpg[/IMG].
  • geoffbeier
    geoffbeier Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    My about box says I'm running "Version 3.2.2 (build 30657)" and checking for updates says I've got the latest.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='geoffbeier']My about box says I'm running "Version 3.2.2 (build 30657)" and checking for updates says I've got the latest.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I know what... you only see the section I mentioned, and Cindy showed you, if your 1Password data file is unlocked (you also have to have the "Enable Autosave ..." box checked too and you've got that set already). Please unlock your data file and see if you don't now see what we're talking about.
  • geoffbeier
    geoffbeier Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Ah, I know what... you only see the section I mentioned, and Cindy showed you, if your 1Password data file is unlocked (you also have to have the "Enable Autosave ..." box checked too and you've got that set already). Please unlock your data file and see if you don't now see what we're talking about.[/QUOTE]

That explains it. I unlocked it and the section appeared. Thanks!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Geoff,

Glad that's sorted out for you, I must admit that confused me at first :-)
  • kanu
    kanu Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Generic names like localhost work in the domain list but it might be an improvment to allow ports too. e.g. localhost:9090
  • NeedleFactory
    NeedleFactory Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    This issue is not relevant to me, but nevertheless I have an opinion:

I think Geoff's idea of adding a "never for this site" button is a good one. Many users (myself included) may not notice the "Avoid Autosave..." section of the "Logins" section of the Preferences panel. And the clearest and easiest way (for user) to put a domain name in that list would be to just click on the "Never" button -- 1 Password could fill in the "Avoid Autosave" section for the user and, as a bonus, the user is instantly apprised of the existence of the feature.

This issue is akin to a Macintosh Finder flaw: if you empty the trash when it contains many files, and many (but a minoritiy of) those files are locked, you must abort the operation or have the patience to click "continue" for each and every locked file encountered.