This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New Upgrade - Password Not working

<div class="IPBDescription">Passwork not workin</div>I was prompted by you to upgrade 1password. After I did this my password stopped working. Nice !!!!!

How do I fix this ???

Comments

• [quote name='11Rick' timestamp='1312819336' post='37745']

I was prompted by you to upgrade 1password. After I did this my password stopped working. Nice !!!!!

How do I fix this ???

[/quote]

I am having same problem but don't know if it happened when I synced through dropbox or upgraded. It will not fill in my passwords or user id. Did you find any answers?
  • [quote name='11Rick' timestamp='1312819336' post='37745']

I was prompted by you to upgrade 1password. After I did this my password stopped working. Nice !!!!!

How do I fix this ???

[/quote]

Rick,

I'm sorry for the trouble here, do you mean that 1Password is no longer accepting your master password or that your details aren't being filled. If it's the former, please try turning on caps-lock, we had a feature in an older version of 1Password that would automatically try your password in the opposite case but we had to remove this after some confusion when syncing with our Windows, iOS and Android apps.

[quote name='paperboy40' timestamp='1312822744' post='37765']

I am having same problem but don't know if it happened when I synced through dropbox or upgraded. It will not fill in my passwords or user id. Did you find any answers?

[/quote]

paperboy40,

This sounds like like an issue with the Safari extension, which we've had to completely rewrite to support the changes Apple made to Safari 5.1. We've released several updates since the first release and so it sounds like you may be slightly out of date.

To get this new update please go to 1Password > Check for Updates from within 1Password which should prompt you to download the latest version, currently 3.7.2 at the time of writing.

Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to the latest version by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart Safari (Using Command-Option-Q if you're on Lion) to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

Hope that helps,
  • srb
    srb Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='11Rick' timestamp='1312819336' post='37745']

How do I fix this ???

[/quote]

I had what may be the same problem -- after upgrading to 3.7.2, the 1Password extension was gone from Safari, and no matter how many times I told 1Password to install the Safari extension, nothing worked.

After poking around a bit, it appeared that the 1PasswordAgent had been corrupted (missing files within 1PasswordAgent.app):

8/8/11 2:46:00.164 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.20005: (ws.agile.1PasswordAgent[1895]) posix_spawn("/Users/srb/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent", ...): No such file or directory

I deleted the Agent folder from ~/Library/Application Support/1Password, downloaded a new copy of 3.7.2 just to be safe, deleted the old 1Password.app file, dropped in the new one, launched, and then I was able to re-install the Safari extension, and I'm once again happy.

Hope this helps...
  • [quote name='srb' timestamp='1312830108' post='37807']

I deleted the Agent folder from ~/Library/Application Support/1Password, downloaded a new copy of 3.7.2 just to be safe, deleted the old 1Password.app file, dropped in the new one, launched, and then I was able to re-install the Safari extension, and I'm once again happy.

Hope this helps...

[/quote]

Thanks for posting the tip, srb, it may well help others out.