This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Autofill and Login Prompt do not work

<div class="IPBDescription">After restoration autofill and login prompt don't work</div>I had a hard disk crash, and restored 1Password after the new drive was installed. Now that I restored the data file, the Autofill feature and auto prompt for new login passwords do not work. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong?

Comments

• Hello Mandoboy and welcome to the Forums!

Would you please provide some more details regarding your current system? If you have restored 1Password and your data file, the AutoFill feature and auto prompt for new logins should be available to you.

Please ensure that you are running the latest release of 1Password (as of this writing, 3.7.5 (build 31106) & Safari extension 3.7), and let us know if you are still experience the same behavior.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • I originally loaded 1Password with Leopard OS and everything worked exceptionally well. I had a hard drive crash, and the new hard drive has Snow Leopard installed. I restored 1Password and the data files using Time Machine. It all loaded fine, except the auto fill of existing items and the auto prompt of new passwords does not work. I tried searching for all data files and application support files and deleted all of them. I reloaded 1Password and loaded the program as new. It still does not work. Anything else you can think of for me to try? I have spent alot of time on this, I hope I can stay with the program, but it will be hard to use if the auto fill of existing items and the auto prompt of new passwords does not work. Thanks for your help and support.
  • I should mention that I don't know what Safari Extension 3.7 is. I don't know if it is installed, and I can't find Extension 3.7 on the Apple Safari website. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    It sounds like a corrupt preferences file. Please move this file to your desktop (and then later to the Trash once you verify that all is well):

[CODE]~/Library/Preferences/ws.agile.1Password.plist[/CODE]

Make sure you quit 1Password and your browser.

If you have upgraded to Safari 5.1 (recommended), you can [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_install_update.html"]install the new Safari 5.1 extension by following the step in our User Guide[/url]. If you still need to upgrade to Safari 5.1, do that first by using Software Update in OS X.

I hope that helps. Please let me know.

Cheers,