This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

bostonorganics.com login trouble

joecab
joecab Junior Member
I tried using 1Password to fill in this form which has worked perfectly in the past:

http://www.bostonorganics.com/grocery/addonorder.php

but now it fills in every single field with my email address. I popped open the source code and the fields all have the same unique IDs they had before like AddOnOrderFullName, AddOnOrderType, and the various quantity fields.

I'm running the latest update (3.7.2) and extension on the latest Snow Leopard in Safari 5.1.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I'm sorry that you're having this problem. Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your name and email address, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

It seems to be filling well for me using 1Password 3.7.5 and Safari extension 3.7. Please let me know if you are still having trouble once you save a new login like that.
  • joecab
    joecab Junior Member
    Thanks khad! Manually saving my login did the trick.
  • joecab
    joecab Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    I did some futher investigating, and I think I see what my original problem was: there's an email field on this form but for some reason 1Password keeps making it my Username too, even though I keep unchecking the Username checkmark next to it in 1P.

How can I get 1Password to accpt an email field but not keep making it my Username as well? Unchecking it doesn't stick.
  • Did you check another field as your username within the item itself when editing in 1Password?
  • joecab
    joecab Junior Member
    Nope. The field containing my email address is Field Name "AddOnOrderEmail" but every time I put an email address in for the field value, it automatically checks it as Username
  • Hello joecab,

You can click on another field in your saved entry and the green checkmark will move to that line item.

Find the line that you wish to be the "Username", and click on the entry that has the checkmark.

If that still doesn't work, let us know and post a screen shot of the saved entry. Of course, please obscure your sensitive data.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • joecab
    joecab Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    That's the problem: they have fields for your full name and for your email, but they don't actually use usernames. I want to NOT use a Username and NOT have anything with a green check next to it as a Username. Is that possible? I tried creating a blank field and checking that as a Username but it always reverts back to the other field containing my email. (Does this make sense?)
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    It isn't currently possible to have a login item that does not have a "username." It may help to create a bogus field (make sure you give it a name and a value, don't just leave it blank).