This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New logins through Safari Extension don't add to app

I added a couple of new logins through the 1P Safari extension including the logon for the agile bits forums. However, these logons are not showing up in the main app. I thought maybe because I hadn't bought a license yet. 1 family license later, theres no new logins. I quit and relaunched 1PW a few times without any luck.

The logins are present and deploy successfully from the extension, but they aren't there on the app, nor do they sync to my iPhone or iPad.

Is there a sync that I should be doing?

By the way, the new extension is MUCH improved from the initial offering, and was the prime reason I paid for the family license.

Comments

• I'm having the same issue. In fact, mine appears to be both ways. I added a new site via the browser and it shows in the browser, but not in the app. Much to my surprise, when I went to log in to this forum, the account did not show up in my list of passwords and I was prompted to save it again (even though I copied it out of 1password).

running Safari 5.1 and 1Password 3.7.2 (build 31099) on 10.6.8 with the supplemental patches.
  • [quote]By the way, the new extension is MUCH improved from the initial offering, and was the prime reason I paid for the family license.[/quote]

Always start with the positive I say, so thank you clivus, as someone on the inside it's been amazing to see our developers work so hard to get the new extension up and running.

[quote]The logins are present and deploy successfully from the extension, but they aren't there on the app, nor do they sync to my iPhone or iPad.[/quote]

[quote name='Stephen Yeoh' timestamp='1312914381' post='38069']

Much to my surprise, when I went to log in to this forum, the account did not show up in my list of passwords and I was prompted to save it again (even though I copied it out of 1password).[/quote]

It does sounds like something isn't syncing properly here, the Safari extension has it's own database (part of the way native extensions work) and this is then synced with 1Password via the background 1PasswordAgent.

[quote]running Safari 5.1 and 1Password 3.7.2 (build 31099) on 10.6.8 with the supplemental patches.[/quote]

I think this is the key, with the latest version of the Safari extension we've rebuilt the communications between the extension and 1Password itself so you may need the latest Beta version of 1Password for the sync to truly work.

To get this new update please go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates and check 'Include Beta Versions' and then click 'Check Now' to get our latest update, currently 3.7.5.Beta-3

Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to make sure you are indeed using the latest version by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart Safari to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

Please let me know how that turns out,
  • Thank you Stu, that seems to have done the trick. When can I go back to downloading regular updates instead of beta releases?
  • [quote name='Stephen Yeoh' timestamp='1312936507' post='38152']

Thank you Stu, that seems to have done the trick[/quote]

Great to hear, Stephen, you timed that pretty well actually because we did have a bug in the previous builds that was causing the issue, but Roustem just posted a new extension build to fix it.

[quote]When can I go back to downloading regular updates instead of beta releases?[/quote]

Hopefully not too long, once 3.7.5 goes 'stable' you should be set for a while. In general we'll only push a Beta when we're happy it won't break too much, these current Betas were tested internally for a few days before we let everyone use them.